Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone was unlocked... now it appears not to be

N4pth4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Last year i requeste dmy phone be unloced and as far as i was concerned it was. Today i finished moving my number to VOXI after being an O2 custoemr for many years. I put my VOXI sim in and apparantly my phone isnt unlocked after all and gives me a restricted error message.

Ive tried using the manual unlock request form but it just errors as i am no longer seen as a customer. Ive also been sat in the Live chat que for about 2 hours....

Anyone got any ideas as i need this number for work?

Cheers

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@N4pth4 

Full process here with some additional things you can try Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

If not, call customer service. Contact numbers on here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

N4pth4
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@EmilieT any help?
Message 2 of 23

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@N4pth4 

Full process here with some additional things you can try Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

If not, call customer service. Contact numbers on here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 23

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@N4pth4 wrote:
@EmilieTany help?

EmilieT is no longer here but if you get stuck @Marjo or @Martin-O2 might be able to help.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 23

N4pth4
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank @MI5 unfortunaly all i get with that form is "Oops. Something went wrong. " and the Live chat never connected. Not a good day.

Message 5 of 23

N4pth4
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Marjo or @Martin-O2 any help greatly apprecited

Message 6 of 23

MI5
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Try calling?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 23

N4pth4
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have to wait for my wife to get in so i can do that. No other phones in the house and two sims that dont work in mine....

Message 8 of 23

LauraGGA
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, it seems 02 have not successfully unlocked your iphone correctly and depending on which time and day you call customer service you may get the help support from a more authoritative source if not ask for someone who actually have the authorization to unlock 

02 haven't successfully done this this and I'd advice you keep onto them

Laura Goldie GGA 

Laura Goldie Global Goodwill Ambassador Director of Nominations Scotland and Engagement
Presenter of “My Body is My Body Program”
Message 9 of 23

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5

@N4pth4 I can get someone to look into this for you. I'll need some details so I'll send you a private message. slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 23