Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone still locked after 17 days!

Lyns
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I am absolutely infuriated with o2. My pay monthly contract ended at the beginning of September and I changed network to a sim only deal with EE.

I contacted o2 on the 11th of September and requested my iPhone 6 s plus be unlocked. I was assured it would be unlocked within 72 hours. It has now been 17 days. After 2 phonecalls, 1 attempted call (I gave up after 20 minutes of holding as I have a young baby) and 3 live chats, all of which assured me I would have my phone unlocked within 72 hours each time, I still do not have a working phone. It is beyond ridiculous. As I said I have a small baby and need access to a phone in case of emergency.

Am I being penalised for leaving o2? It certainly seems like it. On the last live chat the adviser admitted my request had been rejected previously due to me leaving o2. That is the whole point for getting my phone unlocked. I need to insert an EE sim. I own my phone, o2 do not, so why are they being so difficult? I had fully intended on returning to o2 next year to purchase a new phone but that certainly won’t be happening now. I am at my wits end...
Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lyns
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I cannot believe I have just received an email that my phone has been unlocked. After waiting 17 days I can only assume that my above post had something to do with this.

Thank you for your help @M15 and @Marjo

Good luck @RiverRunner

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
There are problems with unlocking currently so I’ll ask @Martin-O2 to help you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Lyns
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Thank you.
Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Have you tried your EE sim recently in the phone too, just to check?
Also make sure you are logged in with your Apple ID on the phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 15

Lyns
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Yes I have checked. Still locked. I am logged into Apple ID too.
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
OK, just hang on then for @Martin-O2 or @Marjo to help out.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

RiverRunner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having exactly the same issue. I requested a PAC code as I was moving my contract to O2 on September 19th. At no time during that call was I informed that my handset needed to be unlocked. Why wasn't that process initiated then???

I received the PAC Code and the EE Sim. On September 24 I was informed that my number was going to Port Out that day. I tried inserting my new SIM which wasn't accepted because the handset hadn't been unlocked. Like the previous poster, I rang and was assured it would be within 72 hours. This was horrifying enough I am self-employed and rely on my phone to do my job. I can't reach voicemails, change my message or make any calls via the network. Unless I have wifi within reach I can't make any calls at all.

I have called twice - once to be told it would be escalated but that this process itself could take 24 - 48 hours. Sorry what!!!! The second time I called I gave up after 15 minutes wait as I had work meetings.

I am in despair. I will NEVER use O2 again. I too feel I am being puniched for moving contract.

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@RiverRunner please check the advice at the bottom of our hekp thread https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1... and if still not unlocked, please drop a private message to @Marjo

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Lyns
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I can’t log into my O2 as I have left them. My O2 will not give me access. I will private message @Marjo
Message 9 of 15

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Lyns, got your PM, cheers. slight_smile

@RiverRunner if you're still struggling with this after trying the process @MI5 mentioned above, let us know and we can have a look.

Message 10 of 15