Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

iPhone on o2 unlimited ... topping up too early?

Hi,

I bought my iPhone 3G on PAYG on the 23rd of September and topped up £10 as required to activate the iPhone. I immediately changed from the o2 Favourite Place tariff to the o2 Unlimited tariff and was enjoying the free o2 to o2 texts as specified in the tariff terms and conditions.

Today my calling credit (the £10 top up) ran out and I topped up using my Debit Card. Since I was told that a £15 top up would get me o2 to o2 texts AND calls, I decided to top up £15. Unfortunately, after calling my Uncle who is on o2 Pay Monthly, I was charged just over £1 for a five minute or there abouts call.

Have I topped up too soon since I only got the iPhone and topped up originally on the 23rd, or is this an error?

Thanks Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

You get your free allowance once a month on your anniversary date, the amount you get depends on the total amount topped up since your last anniversary date. For full details see the support section of the O2 website.

But basically, the £15 will count towards the free allowance you will get on 23rd October.
Highlighted
Anonymous

You get your free allowance once a month on your anniversary date, the amount you get depends on the total amount topped up since your last anniversary date. For full details see the support section of the O2 website.
But basically, the £15 will count towards the free allowance you will get on 23rd October.

The thing is, there is no "allowance", it's either Unlimited texts (£10), Unlimited texts and calls (£15), or it's nothing.

The PAYG tariff is O2 Unlimited, which for £10 a month gives free texts from o2 to o2 and for £15 gives free calls AND texts from o2 to o2 ... there's no allowance allocated.

However, from what you say I have taken it that:

The £10 I topped up on 23rd of September gave me Unlimited texts from o2 to o2 for the month 23rd September to 22nd October, and the £15 I topped up on 28th of September will in effect give me Unlimited o2 to o2 calls and texts from 23rd October to 22nd November.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Your free allowance is one of:

Unlimited texts to other O2 numbers until your anniversary date.

Or, Unlimited calls and texts until your anniversary date.

So you are correct, except if you were to top up again before your next date that would count as well. ie. You are not limited to one top up per month, you could top up 2x£10 and get unimited O2 texts and calls.