Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR dropping signal following iOS13 Update

JBL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone XR, which was working perfectly fine.  Then i did the update onto iOS13, and following that update my phone keeps dropping its connection.

I contacted o2 about this, ran some checks about the SIM type ect, then went on to check the mobile network options where i was advised to turn off automatic network selection and select o2 manually.  I did this and it sort of solved the issue and now its back to doing what it was doing.  The person who i was talking to was unable to explain to me why or how that would solve the problem but insisted that was the reason, well what utter ****** that was.

Does anyone has similar issue or know how to solve the issue?

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

AT
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Update has resolved the signal issues for us!
Message 82 of 85

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good to hear @AT but not all customers are happy. Some now affected by constant freezing of the phone since the update.

Message 83 of 85

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good morning @Gus , how are you getting on with your phone since you last posted? slight_smile Sorry to hear you were having issues with the phone freezing. I'm not sure if the new issue after the iOS update is O2-related, but I'm happy to check with our Gurus just in case to see if they have any advice that might help! I'll drop you a private message here on the forum shortly to get a few additional details to be able to pass this on. 

Message 84 of 85

Gus
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Marjo, thank you for your reply. I’ll reply to your PM but it’s as bad as ever, must have frozen at least 60 times today and is incredibly frustrating. I’m pretty sure it is related to the last update as it’s happened the moment the supposed fix was installed. Thx
Message 85 of 85