Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR dropping signal following iOS13 Update

JBL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone XR, which was working perfectly fine.  Then i did the update onto iOS13, and following that update my phone keeps dropping its connection.

I contacted o2 about this, ran some checks about the SIM type ect, then went on to check the mobile network options where i was advised to turn off automatic network selection and select o2 manually.  I did this and it sort of solved the issue and now its back to doing what it was doing.  The person who i was talking to was unable to explain to me why or how that would solve the problem but insisted that was the reason, well what utter ****** that was.

Does anyone has similar issue or know how to solve the issue?

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good to hear @AT  Keep us updated thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 71 of 85

JayGlover
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The update has NOT fixed my XR - in fact its much worse now,  dropping connection every couple of hours!

Message 72 of 85

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

That's ridiculous when we have been told it would specifically fix the issue.

Message 73 of 85

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, I just wanted to check if you are still experiencing any issues, including you as well @JayGlover as you mentioned you updated a few days ago but the problem persisted? Please do let us know if you're still struggling and I'm happy to check with our Gurus in case they could help further, if the problem might be related to something else.

If anyone is still needing help with this and haven't updated the software: Apple has indeed confirmed that their latest software update should fix this issue. iOS 13.3.1 is available to download – go to Settings > General > Software update.

Message 74 of 85

JayGlover
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

A couple of days after the new firmware release things improved and I stopped getting the dropouts.

However in the last week its back as bad as it was - I've had to restart my phone every day.

Message 75 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 76 of 85

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff !

Hi @JayGlover , sorry to hear that. 😞 I'm happy to pass this on to our Gurus to have a look. If you'd be ok with that, I'll need a few additional details so will be sending you a private message here on the forum shortly!

Message 77 of 85

Gus
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m not dropping signal now but it continually freezes and I have to wait for 60 seconds or so for it to unlock, then close whatever app I was on, then it works fine, maybe for an hour, maybe for only another 60 seconds before it happens again. This is totally unacceptable.
Message 78 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 79 of 85

MI5
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
My daughter is having the same problems with freezing.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 80 of 85