Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR dropping signal following iOS13 Update

JBL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone XR, which was working perfectly fine.  Then i did the update onto iOS13, and following that update my phone keeps dropping its connection.

I contacted o2 about this, ran some checks about the SIM type ect, then went on to check the mobile network options where i was advised to turn off automatic network selection and select o2 manually.  I did this and it sort of solved the issue and now its back to doing what it was doing.  The person who i was talking to was unable to explain to me why or how that would solve the problem but insisted that was the reason, well what utter ****** that was.

Does anyone has similar issue or know how to solve the issue?

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

michelle_r
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there,

Same as everyone, I've got this on my XR as well, except I've been having this issue since before iOS 13 - probably since early August - and have been through 2 new phones from Apple trying to fix it. Just a few weeks ago O2 finally said it was an issue that Apple had to fix. I'm still at them for more than the £10 credit, the amount of hours spent resetting all settings, resetting, visiting Apple (O2's legwork), setting up my phone again and again (and once starting from scratch to check it wasn't an issue with my profile), missing new business calls only to be told again and again to just restart the phone and that nothing is wrong, is worth much more than £10 .

Absolutely terrible service. I understand it's something Apple has to fix but O2 have been completely useless and sent me on months and months of wild goose chases.

Message 61 of 85

Akrep
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all

I have been suffering from the same problem for at least 4-5 months. There has been absolutely no improvement in any sense. I restrart my phone multiple times a day; in the meantime I miss many calls. 

It is unfair to have such a long-lasting problem for a device that costs a lot of money. I don't know whose fault it is but i have received no communication from Apple or O2. I went to the genius bar twice at apple store and they told me to reset to the factory settings... nothing happened. When I called the Apple helpline, they pretended it was the first time they heard about this problem. Unacceptable! 

There is no compensation, no support, no ETA on the fix.

I have been an apple user, both mac and iphone, for more than 10 years and first time I feel disgusted by Apple's quality of service.

Ridiculous!

Message 62 of 85

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I aggree but it's most unlike Apple to be so tardy with a fix. I think you have to factor in the input from O2...

Message 63 of 85

Bedriche
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Okay an update would be great if it's a fix BUT... this has been going on for a couple months now. I have missed many calls and texts and have been unable to communicate at vital times because I've had no signal and had to power off and power on my phone to reconnect. Not to mention TWO iOS reinstalls, ONE new phone and ONE new SIM card, ALL with trips to the Genius Bar and O2 - a lot of time wasted for a service I am paying for! My daughter (same phone and network) having exactly the same issues. Search online and so are hundreds more. No news OR communication (the irony!) from either Apple or O2. Some sort of compensation for this surely!!

Message 64 of 85

Katie02
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had no idea this was such a wide spread thing! I have been having this problem since the beginning of summer 2019! I never went to store unfortunately as it's really inconvienient for me! So unacceptable that such a widespread issue has not been more of a priority! 

Message 65 of 85

Madmax552
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep, i have exactly the same issue with iPhone XS Max, so its not just the XR that has the issue. The only temporary fix for me is to toggle airplane mode and that seems to cure the connectivity issue. Its not helped when i am out walkling the dog as we have has a mast down since way before christmas and apparently they are working to fix the issue... I do wonder sometimes...

Message 66 of 85

Kruppers
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep same. In London and it's been going on for a long time. I'm due an upgrade so passing the problem on to my son as he will get this phone. So annoying

Message 67 of 85

StuBFrost
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Fixed I believe in today’s release.
Message 68 of 85

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

AT
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had an O2 account manager email us this morning to say iOS 13.1.1 is now available which will fix our signal issues. Will update the thread with our results.

Message 70 of 85