Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR dropping signal following iOS13 Update

JBL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone XR, which was working perfectly fine.  Then i did the update onto iOS13, and following that update my phone keeps dropping its connection.

I contacted o2 about this, ran some checks about the SIM type ect, then went on to check the mobile network options where i was advised to turn off automatic network selection and select o2 manually.  I did this and it sort of solved the issue and now its back to doing what it was doing.  The person who i was talking to was unable to explain to me why or how that would solve the problem but insisted that was the reason, well what utter ****** that was.

Does anyone has similar issue or know how to solve the issue?

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

bnkn
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm also in London. But the fault has occurred for me outside of London, in Kent and Dorset.

Message 21 of 85

Gus
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m still having it daily, in London and Surrey. Someone needs to take responsibility.
Message 22 of 85

nt81
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Same problem here. O2 are offering to send me replacement phone but reading the posts here it sounds like that is no solution either. Do we have any recourse for requesting an upgrade to a different iPhone model?
Message 23 of 85

AndyT27
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Exactly the same issue with XR when visiting Battersea today from Bath.Dropped signal 4 times and would only reconnect after a re boot Also happened in London a few weeks ago I thought it was just a one off hiccup and rebooted to reconnect
I was obviously wrong reading the posts here Works fine in Bath!
Needs sorting quickly
Message 24 of 85

costaa
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

the following steps solved the issue for me (been having for months)

1) Disconnect your phone from iCloud

2) Connect your phone to iTunes (finder in Catalina)

3) Select "Restore iPhone..." and follow the steps - a clean version of ios will be installed to your iPhone

4) Do NOT restore any backups

5) Connect to your iCloud account

6) Reinstall all apps and reconfigure them

The above fixed my XR issue after having daily issues since ios 13. I did this a week ago and don't have the issue since.

It is not ideal as you can't restore a backup but worked for me. I hope this helps.

Message 25 of 85

tohmas
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Costaa. May I ask what version of iOS are you running now that you've performed this restore?

Message 26 of 85

MariaO
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am having the same issue. I took my XR to the Apple store on Regent Street and the ‘Genius’ immediately said it is due to an o2 release relating to 5G, and that they’ve seen loads of people with the issue. In fact he guessed that I had an XR and was on o2.

Because my phone had other issues, he ended up giving me a brand new replacement XR. The brand new replacement is now also losing all signal (phone and data) and is only rectifiable by turning it off and back on.

This is totally unacceptable, I am paying so much money for this phone contract for it to be unable to do it’s core function - be a phone!!
Message 27 of 85

red
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have this problem and went to Apple Store on Regent's St as well.  They were aware of the problem and said that it's waiting for a carrier update from O2 and not related to their software.  It's getting to the point where I might just upgrade to an iphone 11 to resolve the issue.  An expensive option I don't really want to have to do.

Message 28 of 85

Matt3224
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m having the same issue with my iPhone XR, the signal regularly drops leaving me with nothing, not even 3G, I have to turn the phone off and on again and it’s getting to be a joke, it’s not a cheap contract so I expect a reasonable level of service, sort it out o2, this is simply not good enough.
Message 29 of 85

BROWNbrown
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue for me on XR runnning iOS13.2.3 . I am based between 2 offices, one in SL7 and have no issues, the other is in KT22 and happens 3 or 4 times a day (particulalry bad today). Have no issues at home over the weekend (except once when travelling through battersea)

Message 30 of 85