Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone XR dropping signal following iOS13 Update

JBL
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone XR, which was working perfectly fine.  Then i did the update onto iOS13, and following that update my phone keeps dropping its connection.

I contacted o2 about this, ran some checks about the SIM type ect, then went on to check the mobile network options where i was advised to turn off automatic network selection and select o2 manually.  I did this and it sort of solved the issue and now its back to doing what it was doing.  The person who i was talking to was unable to explain to me why or how that would solve the problem but insisted that was the reason, well what utter ****** that was.

Does anyone has similar issue or know how to solve the issue?

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

JBL
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So the 13.2 update was available to my phone yesterday, and i did it today in the hope it would sort the issue.  well it didnt so god knows what to do now.

Message 11 of 85

JBL
  • 9 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Following the iOS13.2 update, and the completion of the work being carried out to the local mast in my area where i was having the issue the phone is now pwkring perfectly so i am happy to report that i have a working phone again and can continue to enjoy my service provided by the one and only o2.

Message 12 of 85

MrMac
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I have the same problem (thought it was just me). My iphone starting losing signal (IOS13) then would not reconnect unless I restarted the phone. O2 also got me to do all the checks and sent a new sim card, Apple gave me a new handset (under warranty) but still have the same issue. I need to get this sorted! Hope we can find an answer. Apple said they were unaware of anyone else with this issue which I now know is untrue. I need a solution, please help!

Message 13 of 85

banks
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have the same problem

Message 14 of 85

banks
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem, 

apple replace my xr but its worse now

called o2 and was told by the person I spoke to that a manager just came around and told them to log this specific issue with iphone xr's. 

it seems as though many are having this problem

they said they are investigating and will get back to me within 5 working days 

Message 15 of 85

OliverQueen
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I keep reading about problems that people have with devices after upgrading software etc, yet I can honestly say that in over 20 years of having cellular devices (including the original "smartphones" - the O2 XDA series!!!!), I have only ever come across one issue with software and that was with the first Samsung Galaxy S when they released the Eclair update for Android! It knocked out the post code field in the contacts so you couldn't navigate using GPS application to any contact & it would randomly drop cellular connection for no reason. Zero bars, that was it until the device was restarted! This occured with 7 handsets!!!!

I can honestly put my hand on my heart & say that I have never experienced any of the iOS issues that people have with any of the Apple handsets I have owned goiing back to the iPhone 3G. I always make sure that I look out for the issues & try to replicate them myself so I know what not to do to minimise having the issues. Currently running latest versions of iOS13 on all the devices currently in use and not experienced any issues YET!! I am not saying that they are not there, but the issues could be caused by apps that have been installed as no two users will have the exact same applications installed unless they are using the devices as they come out of the box.

My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal: to save my city. But my old approach wasn't enough. I had to become someone else. I had to become something else. I had to become the Green Arrow.
Message 16 of 85

Gus
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’m not quite sure what the last comment added to the conversation as this is about people that are experiencing issues rather than those not, and I am having exactly the same problem with my XR. I have had to restart my phone 4 times today alone and this is getting ridiculous. The only consolation is that the problem is clearly widespread whereas I had feared it was my handset that was broken. So when are Apple going to admit there is a problem and fix it?
Message 17 of 85

AT
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We've got O2 Business with several iPhone XR users complaining about signal drops. Tried replacement devices, new SIM cards and iOS updates, unfortunately, nothing has resolved it.

We're London based, would be interesting to know where everyone else is losing signal?

Message 18 of 85

bnkn
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue here.

Phone signal and data dropped out every day, multiple times a day, would only reconnect after restarting the phone.

I swapped my sim with O2, which didn't work. I then went to Apple. They recommended that I restore the phone completely, set up as new, just in case my software was corrupt. I did this and still had the same issue. 

I then went back to Apple and they swapped my phone under warranty a couple of weeks later. Then, the next day, BAM! Same problem. Signal went while I was watching a video on Twitter. 

The lady at the Apple store actually knew of the fault. Internal comms at Apple say that there is a dispute between them and O2 over who is culpable. Apple staff are instructed not to swap the phone under warranty, as it isn't the phone, but the network provider. Of course, both parties are saying it isn't their fault. According to her, it affects XR and one other model – I forget which one – but only on the O2 network, as far as I'm aware. She said that we'll have to wait for a patch that fixes it.

It's super frustrating. I'm getting sick and tired of having to reset my phone three to five times a day. O2, please fix this!

Message 19 of 85

bnkn
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will add this to my previous post...when the swapped phone came out the box it didn't have iOS 13 on. I couldn't do the update for a whole day, so I had not one problem with signal in that time, pre-update. Then, just hours after I updated to iOS 13, the problem started again.

Message 20 of 85