Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Visual Voicemail activation

jdx90
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have just switched to o2 and onto a SIM only plan which I'm using an iPhone XS max on.  I have been trying to activate visual voicemail with no success. I have tried the following...

- Texting STATE to 9011, ACTIVE to 2020

- Ringing 1750 and 1760 to de-activate and re-activate Voicemail

- Contacting O2 support to add iDATA bolt on, only to be advised it is already applied on my account.

- Reset network settings

- Toggled On/Off airplane mode.

All of which haven't worked or getting me any closer to activating VVM.  VVM is important to me as I struggle with automated VM inbox and knowing who has called (due to my hard of hearing). This was primarily one of the reasons I chose o2.  If I cannot get VVM, then I will look to going back to EE.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jdx90
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi. So everything was set up correctly and was still not working. However looked online and mentioned somewhere that if 'My Number' in iPhone settings isn't filled in with your number sometimes VVM won't work. Gave that a try and VVM is now working.

Maybe something to include in the set up guides for o2 website.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@jdx90 wrote:

- Contacting O2 support to add iDATA bolt on, only to be advised it is already applied on my account.

@O2Lisa 

Can you check if customer service have applied this correctly please?

@jdx90 

Have you rebooted since O2 said this?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 7

jdx90
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi. So everything was set up correctly and was still not working. However looked online and mentioned somewhere that if 'My Number' in iPhone settings isn't filled in with your number sometimes VVM won't work. Gave that a try and VVM is now working.

Maybe something to include in the set up guides for o2 website.
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 126102 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Pleased it's working @jdx90 thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

asharsidd
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was in same situation where my visual voicemails all disappeared and it stopped working when O2 switched Contract and put me on the new contract. The Agent who did the change had no idea why I lost all my visual voicemails and why it stopped working. I then called customer support the next day and the agent was quite helpful and knowledagble. He fixed the issue and said that after the previous agent changed contract, he forgot to add my phone type "iphone" under some settings at their end and this is why it stopped. As soon as he added "iphone"all my voicemails came back and visual voicemail issue got fixed.

Message 6 of 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38534 Posts
  • 241 Topics
  • 1735 Solutions

The "iPhone" bit is peculiar to iPhones, VVM relies on it, for now, and is known in the vernacular as "iData enabled on the account", @asharsidd - well done getting a good agent, they all used to be pretty good like that!

Message 7 of 7