Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

iPhone Unlimited Web & Wifi Bolt on trouble...

I got the 12 months free unlimited web and wifi with my iphone 3g, at the end of the 12 months i paid the £10 a month to continue the service and had continued to do so until Monday. I checked my data usage and noticed that it wasn't even 100mb a month. So i rang o2 and they happily changed my unlimited bolt on to the ALL ROUNDER bolt on. Then it went strange, On my first day using the ALL ROUNDER, I used 81mb of data and I had not done anything different, only checking my emails and some browsing. I rang o2 back to revert back to my original unlimited bolt on and they said that there has 'never been an unlimited web & wifi bolt on for iphone.' I'd just like to know whether they're correct and I was mistaken about the bolt on or have they given me incorrect information?
I would be grateful for any help on the matter.
Thanks.
Anonymous

Re: iPhone Unlimited Web & Wifi Bolt on trouble...

There definitely was an unlimited web and wifi bolt-on for iPhones, but new customers haven't been able to take it for a while now.
If they've moved you onto one of the new tariffs (which it sounds like they have if you've been able to add the All Rounder bolt-on) then whoever you spoke to might have meant there's never been one available on this tariff.
How long ago was it you changed? They wont normally let you move back onto a discontinued tariff / bolt-on, although I think they have made exceptions before if you only changed very recently - I'd give them a call and explain straight away if I were you.
Anonymous

I've always had the same tariff, its the o2 Unlimited pay and go. That has never changed, all i done was change from Unlimited web and wifi bolt on to the all rounder, and then tried to change it back to the unlimited but have not been able to. Super confusing...
I have been in contact with them 3 times now, and they're all saying its either 'no longer available' or there never has been one. Even though I have explained that i only want to revert back to my original bolt on. Smiley Indifferent
Thanks.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

the old payg unlimited web & wifi ended 24th june 2010 and as such was replace by text and web for iphone users I guess the old bolton is nolonger on the system hence why you cannot return to it.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

I think the problem is that they got rid of the unlimited web and wifi quite a while ago (in terms of new people adding it), so the only people who've had it for the past 6 months or so are people who've had it for a long time.
Maybe some of the staff are unaware it ever existed?
O2 tend to claim that bolt-ons or tariffs they've done away with were 'promotional' and the offer has now finished (even though they weren't originally sold as being promotional) so what I'd advise is calling back, speaking to a supervisor if you don't get anywhere and saying you 'accidentally' changed from the promotional unlimited web and wifi bolt-on to the All Rounder and would like to revert back to your previous deal.
You might have a bit of a battle to get back on it though as O2 don't really want anyone on these deals now.
Anonymous

the old payg unlimited web & wifi ended 24th june 2010 and as such was replace by text and web for iphone users I guess the old bolton is nolonger on the system hence why you cannot return to it.

I thought this, but then I thought the system must still be in place otherwise people wouldn't still be using it would they? I mean, I know a few people who are still on that bolt on and I'd still be using it now if it wasn't for my error.
Also, Im on my 5th email to them and I've been told they longer offer the unlimited web and wifi, but surely its not about what they offer now, its about a service that I have used for years and mistakenly took myself off it. im pretty sure It wouldn't be hard to put me back on. Anyone know what rights I have with this and what steps forward I can take?