Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 8plus carrier unlocking

JC_Derby
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is a variation on a theme I guess for everyone.

In an ongoing role reversal my son has given me his old phone which appears to be sim locked to o2 - he has now gone abroad for 10 days so whilst contactable it’s taking a little time to correspond as his night is our day! He has completed the online form - returned correspondence to him says within 14days he will get a text. 
he factory reset the iPhone 8 before he left - and is using his new iPhone and new sim abroad (but kept his same phone number). 
how will I know when the phone is unlocked? Ive transferred my iPhone data onto it, but so far every time I’ve put my sim in it’s saying activation required and Network provider lock is still showing as SIM Locked. So then I’ve put his old sim back in for now. 
It’s not hugely urgent, but conversely I don’t want to be waiting another 11 days for something only to find out it’s already done, or I’ve needlessly waited because it was me that hadn’t done something.

also I’m confident he got this phone through O2, why isn’t it carrier unlocked anyway? 
thanks in advance.

JC

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

You won't know unless your son tells you.

You'll have to keep trying your sim to confirm otherwise @JC_Derby 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 11