Did you mean: 

iPhone 8 Faulty - Contract Phone Query

YasminR
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

My husband recently got a new contract out in December (3 months ago) for an iPhone 8 plus. The phone randomly shut it self down tonight and won't turn itself back on, we've tried leaving it to charge for a few hours, pressing the home, on button and volume buttons to turn it on, I've tried plugging it into my apple laptop to see if it detects the phone; nothing. 

It is an obvious defect in the phone, however we were wondering if he would be able to get a replacement on this phone as it is only 3 months old and where we stand as customers? There is no cosmetic damage to the phone, it is only internal in this instance. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

After 30 days it may (at O2's discretion) be repaired rather than replaced, but you would be better advised to go directly to Apple who will run a diagnostic oit and replace it on the spot if faulty.

Make an appointment here https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Edited to fix the link.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

After 30 days it may (at O2's discretion) be repaired rather than replaced, but you would be better advised to go directly to Apple who will run a diagnostic oit and replace it on the spot if faulty.

Make an appointment here https://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Edited to fix the link.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@YasminR If you do a search of the forum you will see that O2's repair department is suspect even at the best of times. Take it directly to Apple.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3