cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6S on Refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh are charging £629 for a iPhone 6S 16Gb. Why when the phone through Apple Store retails at £539.00. Does anyone have any idea why there is such a large price difference

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Because with Apple you get a bog standard 2 year contract...(unless you buy sim free. With Refresh you get the benefits of that ...and Insurance etc

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/The-UnOfficial-iPhone-6s-FAQ-Thread/td-p/...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Read the FAQ
A question does cover this.
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It's the price o2 decided to charge.
Nothing to stop you buying from Apple.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Because with Apple you get a bog standard 2 year contract...(unless you buy sim free. With Refresh you get the benefits of that ...and Insurance etc

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/The-UnOfficial-iPhone-6s-FAQ-Thread/td-p/...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I've just checked and you can get it for 590 on the £20 handset plan.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Representative example
Duration of credit agreement 24 months
Upfront cost £59.99
Monthly device payment £20.00
Total Credit amount £480.00
Total amount payable for device

£539.99

Same as apple.

Done
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yeah, depends on tariff....

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

O2 is obviously doing this to cash on those folks who can't afford to buy the phone outright, but still want it no matter what.

They are entitled to put whatever the price tag they want, but the way they do things makes them a company which is far from being ethical. That's their indirect way of saying 'suckers!' to their customers.

I personally wouldn't sign any deal with the retailer A, who's offering a "0% APR" yet his starting price is effectively larger than one from the retailer B. If I can't buy the item outright but still want it and the retailer B offers me a consumer credit which, after calculating all the interests etc., brings the price of my item to the same of the retailer A, I'd still use the retailer B as his approach is far more ethical and honest.

Then again, if I can't afford stuff I don't buy stuff, but that's just me slight_smile

Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122368 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cyrillicguy wrote:

Then again, if I can't afford stuff I don't buy stuff, but that's just me slight_smile

Totally agree with that comment. ...but then I have never belonged to the 'must have it NOW' brigade..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
↑ I'll third that comment. If I can't pay for it outright (or at any given time on refresh) then I'll stick with what I've got.

Really cannot understand Apple (or any other maker) fever, it's beyond me.!
Message 10 of 11