cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 6 cost

Anonymous
Not applicable
how come my iPhone 6 cost is £30 x 24 = £720 for the 64 gig, but everywhere else is £619 for the same phone .love the phone and like the contract I got but don't like being ripped off. Basically what they are doing is getting an extra £101 for the phone with in my eyes is way of getting interest ont what they get them for,overcharging me and saying its interest free. Ripoff if you ask me
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I presume you are talking about the iPhone on Refresh tariff?

http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh

Yes... it does cost slightly more but you have it split into two parts Device and Airtime which has its advantages

First, it makes it cheaper for you to get a new device before the end of your contract. You'll only need to pay the Device Plan balance, instead of paying all the remaining months of your standard contract.

Second, when you keep the phone you buy on O2 Refresh beyond 24 months, your Device Plan automatically ends and you'll only have to pay the Airtime Plan.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 144316 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Was the price not fully advertised when you took the contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lov the idea behind refresh but why charge you more fore the device part. It's basically interest without calling it interest.would rather they were honest and said they charged interest instead of manipulating the cost of device so they can say it's interest free which it clearly is not.dont get me wrong,love my phone and data plan and O2 just not happy with the device part.
Message 4 of 16

jonsie
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Well strictly speaking and more importantly, legally it isn't interest. It is an inflated price but it's something you need to be looking at before taking out the contract.

Someone unable to pay  circa £700 outright are happy to pay more to spread the cost over two years with the option of paying it off early. There are a few threads on here about O2's pricing policy but they want to make maximum profit per unit and people fall over themselves to get their hands on the latest Apple product.

Compare that with the latest Amazon phone which are now being discounted to the point where you can pick them up free with a packet of peanuts. Supply and demand and, as ever, the choice is with the consumer whether to pay the asking price. You made that choice.

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep I did and overall I'm happy,4g coverage is best I've had reception wise is best as well .
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked into this yesterday. I can have an iphone 6 64gb from O2 for £720 with an £18 a month contract  (unlimited minutes and texts, 2gb data)

But I can buy the phone from Apple at £619, and go Sim only at £20 a month for the same minutes/text/data as above, and get £40 off for the year, making the contract a little over £16 a month, and get 2 years warrantySmiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I believe Apple only give a 12 month warranty. ....
Message 8 of 16

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I thought the 6 64gb was 600 on refresh?
Message 9 of 16

jonsie
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Paying £53/month on refresh and the phone works out at £720 (£30/month) but not many people can afford to lay out the £600+ in one lump sum, especially the age group that want the latest iphone. They are quite happy to spread the extra cost over two years.

No one has to pay O2's price, we all have freedom of choice...

Message 10 of 16