cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5c And 4G Data Issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having issues with my O2 4G connection on my iPhone 5s. I just recently got my phone and was using 3G just fine. As soon as i turned on my 4G friday night, I was within wifi, i stepped out for lunch the next day, was using my phone normally, and I all of a sudden reached the max on my data allowance? I ahve the 1gig plan and it said i had used 800 megs already? within a couple of hours?

I called O2 support yesterday at lunch time, around 1pm, and they added 1 more gigabyte, after which i spent the entire afternoon in Wifi. Then while walking home, I was using my phone normally, like google maps, facebook etc, and it switched form 3G to 4G, and within 20 minutes, sent me the message that I had reached my max again?!

how is this possible when I used to average about 500 megs a month before? What's going on? I've switched off automatic app upgrades and background app refresh off as well?

Any clue??

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

This has to be an o2 data recording issue and not a handset issue.

Take screen captures of your actual usage including scrolling down to last reset date and use them to support your claim. and the system services data tab

Then on next account reset day, reset the stats and closley monitor in myo2.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Can you check in settings> mobile / cellular for the exact usage the iphone has used since you got it.

You can see by app and sysyem services what the iphone has used if different to o2 query it.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did, and it says only a few megabytes for all these applications? using 1gig in a few hours essentially means i was streaming a full length movie, which i wasnt? how is this possible?

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Phone o2 on 202 contract /4445 payg to have the usage checked out is your best option really.

Take into account when your phone goes into sleep mode it will switch from wifi to 4g/3G to save battery.

But should not be using that amount.

Have you tried resetting
Settings - general - reset - reset network settings.

An apple Genius Bar can do a diagnostic if you like.

Book an appointment here

http://concierge.apple.com/reservation/gb/en/techsupport/
Message 4 of 7

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Take screen captures of your actual usage including scrolling down to last reset date and use them to support your claim. and the system services data tab

Then on next account reset day, reset the stats and closley monitor in myo2.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144142 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27613 Solutions

@adamtemp64 wrote:

Not uncommon with O2 and iPhones......

You'd think they'd have sorted it by now..... 😞

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

adamtemp64
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@mi5 you would have thought so at least we now have the data breakdown to prove it is not the handset.

Apple Watch series 4

Message 7 of 7