cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 16GB for sale or not for sale?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just tried to upgrade my phone and wanted a new iPhone 5 16GB. While the website says the phone is in stock after selecting it it says the phone is no longer available. Puzzling.
But even more puzzling is after chatting online with an advisor I was told the phone is not in stock. When I asked when if they could tell me when new stock would arrive I got the following answer.
" I am not able to comment on wether there will be future stock or not as we now have a contract for the new iPhones"
????
I was then offered a iPhone 5 refurb instead.
Does that mean O2 are no longer selling the new iPhone 5, or their just out of stock?
I would be pretty annoyed if I signed up for a 2 year contract on a refurb and found new ones back in stock 2 days later!
So as after online chat then 50 odd minutes with no answer on the phone I'm still none the wiser!
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can only speak for my sons experience.

Maybe because he's quite young they got away with steering him towards the 5c !

Store targets and margins to achieve maybe.
Message 11 of 19

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Why do they still sell the 4s but discontinue the 5 ?

The 5C is supposed to be filling the gap left by the discontinuation of the 5. Of course someone forgot to tell Apple and the networks that when they set their pricing for the 5C

Message 12 of 19

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Not being an iPhone person, I've read some reviews that call the 5C nothing more than the 5 with a coloured plastic cover on the back, which might account for the exorbitant pricing. Then again, what Apple product is priced reasonably?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 14 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

Then again, what Apple product is priced reasonably?

granny smiths!

ROFL!

I still think it's a status thing, nice for those that can afford it, but not necessary. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
A quick update on the iPhone 5 situation. I've been in touch with 2 of my local O2 shops who both say they have no 5's in stock, that they returned all new 5's after the release of the 5c and s. So I think my only option is go for a 5 refurb or 5c. But I really don't like how apple are forcing people's hands. 😞
Message 16 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Typical of Apple, I'm afraid (in every respect). You have it Apple's way or no way 😞
Sense tells you to go for the 5c if you are convinced you want an iPhone but there are thousands of other options out there.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Typical of Apple, I'm afraid (in every respect). You have it Apple's way or no way 😞

I am always surprised how people put up with this manipulation by a phone maker. slight_frown

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's the beauty of consumer choice.

As said there's lots of choices in the handset world.

Personally I work hard and save hard for my choices.
Message 19 of 19