cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4S contract more expensive than iPhone 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a contract for an iPhone 4S unlimited texts and calls with 1Gb of data for £46 a month, but I see on the website for iPhone 5 same tariff and everything is only £37 a month, what should I do!!
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
September last year, on a 24 month deal. But surely since I have an older deceive my contract would be lowered if I change my tariff is that the only way to change my pay monthly?

Having "an older device" does not mean you are auto entitled to change your tariff.

Contact 02 here to see what your options are ;

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus

I believe if took your current contract out with O2 before March 2012, and you are more than halfway through your minimum term , example 12 months into a 24 months contract, then yes.

however

If you took it after March 2012 unfortunately you are unable to lower your contract at all until your minimum term finishes, or your upgrade date is due.

Either way...... Check the T&C of your contract.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have a contract for an iPhone 4S unlimited texts and calls with 1Gb of data for £46 a month, but I see on the website for iPhone 5 same tariff and everything is only £37 a month, what should I do!!

Hi,

When did you take your contract out ?

How long has it got left to run ?

Deals, offers and tariffs change.... fact.

Unless your near to upgrading or you want to buy out any remaining months of your tariff you cant do alot.

Check in your My02 account to see whats on offer for you and if you can fasttrak upgrade.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
September last year, on a 24 month deal. But surely since I have an older deceive my contract would be lowered if I change my tariff is that the only way to change my pay monthly?
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Having "an older device" does not mean you are auto entitled to change your tariff.

Contact 02 here to see what your options are ;

http://www.o2.co.uk/mobile/contactus

I believe if took your current contract out with O2 before March 2012, and you are more than halfway through your minimum term , example 12 months into a 24 months contract, then yes.

however

If you took it after March 2012 unfortunately you are unable to lower your contract at all until your minimum term finishes, or your upgrade date is due.

Either way...... Check the T&C of your contract.

Message 4 of 4