Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

iPhone 4 - Unlimited Texts

I'm looking at signing up to this contract - http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy/APPLE-IPHONE4-16GB-O2-31A24-FCONO/PIEPRODUCT%2317689548%23PART%...
but i was just wondering what is the fair usage policy for unlimted texts? There seems to be different caps for some different contracts.
Plus would 500mb of data be enough for an iphone 4?
Thanks Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: iPhone 4 - Unlimited Texts

I'm looking at signing up to this contract - http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/buy/APPLE-IPHONE4-16GB-O2-31A24-FCONO/PIEPRODUCT%2317689548%23PART%...
but i was just wondering what is the fair usage policy for unlimted texts? There seems to be different caps for some different contracts.
Plus would 500mb of data be enough for an iphone 4?
Thanks Smiley Happy

Hi,
I'm unsure about the fair usage for texts? But i'm sure you'd do well to actually send too many in one month and break it?
I know this sounds a cop out, but it really does depend on what you're planning on doing on your phone?
500mb is more than enough if you just plan on browsing the web, sending emails etc... It only starts getting tricky if you plan on watching tv, or downloading whilst not on a wifi network.
I have 1gb a month, and sometimes i use all that :mansurprised:
Highlighted
Anonymous

fair usage for unlimited is approx 3000 texts. anything more than this would be considered as junk texts for businesses and scams etc...
Highlighted
Anonymous

fair usage for unlimited is approx 3000 texts. anything more than this would be considered as junk texts for businesses and scams etc...

Not on postpay it's not.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Not on postpay it's not.

yes it is. especially on post pay.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Not on postpay it's not.

No, it's not, especially on Postpay.
Highlighted
Anonymous

No, it's not, especially on Postpay.
well, i can guarantee it, but you can think what you like buddy.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Jesus wept, I hope you don't work in customer service with your attitude and information.
Highlighted
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

I know from prepay o2 unlimited is set at 12000 How do i know. Well when you send a request for the balance it says you have
12000 sms to use and 500mb of data. to use before xxxx date
So if thats Prepay, I would think Postpay isnt far away. But dont quote me on that.
I know that once on my on post pay account and sent a loads of sms in month and I got a luvly o2 sms.
Saying come on you have unlimited sms, why not send some more Smiley Very Happy
So I did.
Never ever had a issue with O2 sms and not had one never delivered as well. Good work O2 Smiley Very Happy
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I know from prepay o2 unlimited is set at 12000 How do i know. Well when you send a request for the balance it says you have
12000 sms to use and 500mb of data. to use before xxxx date
So if thats Prepay, I would think Postpay isnt far away. But dont quote me on that.
I know that once on my on post pay account and sent a loads of sms in month and I got a luvly o2 sms.
Saying come on you have unlimited sms, why not send some more Smiley Very Happy
So I did.
Never ever had a issue with O2 sms and not had one never delivered as well. Good work O2 Smiley Very Happy

you've probably never sent over 3000 texts on postpay. thats why.
customers who use more than 3000 are contacted. try it out.