Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

iPhone 4 Contract help

I have a 24 month contract until September 2012. Unfortuntely I lost my iPhone 4 back in May (now believed to be stolen) and my insurance didn't cover the accidental loss as I did not report it to the Police within 24 hours (I thought it would turn upnot realising the implications). Anyway I am now still paying a large contract without the benefit of the phone. I would like to know what my options are regarding either getting a new iPhone (3 or 4), reducing my contract or cancelling my contract. I know there probably isn't much anyone can do but thought this was worth a go! I have been an O2 customer now for a very long time and hope that someone can help me!
Thanks.
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: iPhone 4 Contract help

nothing apart from buying a second hand handset or sim free from apple or payg from o2, or paying off your contract, or see if you can do the new early upgrade route as less than full contract cost.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,926

Check if your home insurance covers the loss of personal items, most do offer some kind of cover.
Highlighted
Anonymous

this is why you need insurance.
what you are best to do is, lower your tariff when you are half way through your contract. (this can only be lowered once and only on to the next tariff down).
although it is not much, it helps.
what you are also best to do is remove any bolt ons you wont need, like a data bolt on if you are not using a data handset. this will also lower your costs.
apart from that, you just have to sit and wait until you can upgrade, or you can do the fast track upgrade.
they take your term fees, minus 20% for VAT and minus another 20% as goodwill for being a customer. good deal!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Just to pick up a point in the OP.
Loss does not require reporting to the police at all, only theft does.
Your claim would be declined only if you had failed to notify o2 and lodge a claim with the insurance company within 24 hours, that is the exclusion clause, nothing to do with the police.
Wolfmans advice in the previous post is correct. Except I would recommend insuring iphones elsewhere.
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

all theft / loss needs to be reported to o2 insure within 48 hours with the relevant crime number if issued Taken from the o2 iphone insure booklet on o2 main site
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, 48 not 24. Sorry, I was just repeating the timescale stated in the op
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, 48 not 24. Sorry, I was just repeating the timescale stated in the op

and all damage claims within 14 days.