Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

hi

Just wondering how you all got on. In the same predicament..

Mack120
Anonymous

iPhone 3G 16gb - successful insurance claim - no stock?

What is this stock issue, i wanted a iphone 3gs, i was still in contact so paid apple full price for a PAYG, it arrived next day, so why are O2 having so many stock problems, ok if it was only released a week ago i could understand it, but it's nearly 3 months ago it was released.
Anonymous

Just has a call from o2 insurance, said they don't have any stock of 3g 16gb, so as I'd been waiting a while they will ship me the 3gs 16gb tomorrow. Just got to pay the £25 excess and return the old phone, charger and headphones to the courier.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Just to confirm on friday my upgrade to a 3gs 16gb black arrived.

Janitor

If you look on the apple website for store stock updates even thay are showing little availability.

Apple cannot keep up with demand.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

I know they told me the same thing ships in about 5 business days, it arrived next day, i still can't work it out, unless apple are keeping all the stock for themselves, which seems strange as o2 are there preferred supplier.
Anonymous

I had to claim for mine today.

I called them and they took the details and said the claim is valid etc etc etc.

They said it would be next week before they get stock as they have over 1000 new and insurance claims to go through with no stock as yet.

I phoned around O2 stores to get a loan and after the store number 3 not having any I called the insurance back.

The nice girl said it was great timing me calling back as they had just received a massive delivery to satisfy all new and insurance claim customers.

She said that due to no availability of the 3G 16GB phones they would have to give me a 3GS 16GB replacement. She said this would be at no extra cost and contract and montly bill will remain the same.

Only thing I have to do is pay the standard £25 excess.

My new 3GS will arrive on Monday so all in all it's the first claim I have ever made and I have to complement both customer services and the insurance company for a very helpful service and speedy delivery time.

They are also going to refund me for my £10 screen protector that I bought from apple upon me sending my receipt.
Anonymous

Can someone tell me what software do the replacement 3GS phones have?

Will it be up to date with 3.1 or will it need upgrading?
Anonymous

New Iphone

I just called o2 insurance back and they confirmed they still have stock so my new one will be delivered to my workplace address tomorrow, I have to say I feared I might have to wait 3 or 4 weeks, but that is a week ago I logged the claim so happy with that.

As for the software, it will be 3.0, 3.1 is so new that there is no way it will be on the handsets yet, but as you need to activate it via Itunes anyway upgrading it at the same time shouldn't be a problem.
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

All you must remember if your last phone was backed up from a 3.1 phone you will need to first setup the replacement as a new phone call it something different. then update to 3.1 then restore from whatever your old phone was called or if your phone was 3.0.1 then if new phone 3.0.1 do the restore before the upgrade to 3.1.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

i claimed 2 weeks ago, then went on holiday called them today and they said Apple have discotinuted the 16gb 3G so there gunna send me a 16GB 3GS Smiley Very Happy tomorrow between 8 and 5 Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy