Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

iPhone 3G 16gb - successful insurance claim - no stock?

I just got my replacement for my lost 16GB 3G today, and its the new 16gb 3GS, im well chuffed Smiley Very Happy

Can you give us more details?
Anonymous

I just spoke to O2 customer services, apparently there are more phone deliveries coming in next week. The guy on the phone didnt say whether they are 16GB 3G or 3GS.

I said to him the fact that 16GB 3G are no longer being made, he said then its likely they will replace with 3GS. But that remains to be seen!
Anonymous

Should have asked if they have the 3GS 16GB in stock, I forgot :-S!
Anonymous

Well he stuffed me on hold in order to check with the insurance team, they dont seem to put you through to the insurance team I guess its to field calls otherwise they would be inundated.
Anonymous

Number for the insurance team is 0800 012 1553 Smiley Happy
Anonymous

I will call them in the morning then Smiley Happy
Anonymous

on wednesday 25/8/09 i claimed and again they said they didnt have any in stock,im going on holiday on tuesday for 2 weeks , so taken my current iphone with me even tho it doesnt vibrate and has a huge peice missing from the bottom of the back case.

i hope i get a nice 3GS when i come back Smiley Very HappySmiley Happy
Anonymous

I am in the same situation, I am going away next Friday on business for 2 weeks I am completely lost without my iPhone as I depend on it for my emails.

I will update in the morning as O2 CS told me to phone tomorrow for another update.
Anonymous

I rang them again on my way home from work, they say they will give customers with 3G 16GB, 3GSs, although they dont have any of them either! Not sure if they were tell fibbs or not, all I know is I need a Phone that can receive emails!
Anonymous

How long ago did you report your problem JK?

Last week Wednesday mate. Was getting fed up waiting for a call from them as they said they would once they get stock in, they never called once so i called them up and spoke to some at the insurance department. They said they've still not got any 3G in stock so they will replace it with a new 3GS.