Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

iPhone 3G 16gb - successful insurance claim - no stock?

wow that sounds pretty good then, i can handle a bit more of a wait if they replace them with a 3gs. Thanks for the updates... i will post what happens with mine too.
Anonymous

Im waiting for them to phone me to for a replacement 16gb 3G. How long did they take to send a replacement to you? I need my phone asap and she couldnt even give me a rough estimate as to how long it will take.

It would be great if i could get a 3gs aswell
Anonymous

It's probably going to be a little while. I just tried to buy the 16gb iPhone through the phone and even though the online shop and the online stock check says that it's available, the sales rep told me (very emphatically) that it wasn't... Either I got a bad rep, or they've run out already.
Anonymous

I broke my iphone yesterday, slipped out of my shirt pocket onto a tiled floor in my server room at work. I spoke to O2 CS and they put me through to the insurance people my claim was successful but like everyone else they said no iPhone 3G 16GB in stock as they are no longer produced.

So I asked what the lead time is and they declined to answer that.

I havent been waiting as long as some of you here, however not having a phone is a pain. I dont see why I should have to go and leave a £20 deposit at an O2 store for a basic phone when I am paying £7.50 per month for replacement insurance. I read through the little booklet they gave me when I took my phone contract last year.

It states if they cannot supply the same phone they will supply a phone with simular specification either in same brand or another brand depending on whats available.

Also on the A4 fact sheet on my O2 insure - premier paperwork it clearly states in the benefits 'Guaranteed new for old replacement' so they cannot give out refurbed phones and if they try to I will certainly say something.

Is it worth kicking off to O2, especially if you pay around £60 per month?
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

mark

the problem is that o2 have no stock to send you.

some people in other threads are waiting for there phone since 6th aug.

I do not think jumping up and down will get you anywhere.

But let us know what happens.

Aparantly from another thread phones due this week to clear backlog but is that new orders or insurance claims who knows apart from o2.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

I chipped the side of my phoen and i have insurance.
Can they replace the phone for me or is that covered?

Thanks
Anonymous

I will sit tight then and perhaps give a ring next week to see what the status is.

Guess we'll have to wait and see, least we know they wont be refurbished according to the benefits section in the insurance book.

http://www.o2.co.uk/assets/O2HybridNav/Static-files/PDFs/insure_premier.pdf
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

mark

Yes should get new phone.

We have just canceled our o2 insurance on 3 iphones and gone elsewhere due to the high cost of the insurance and no guarntee of fast replacement.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

I just got my replacement for my lost 16GB 3G today, and its the new 16gb 3GS, im well chuffed Smiley Very Happy
Anonymous

How long ago did you report your problem JK?