Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

iPhone 24 month £35 contract - Outdated?

I bought my iPhone a year ago in August with the £35 for 24 months contract. I have recently got a girlfriend who texts me a lot, and the 600 texts I get a month aren't suitable for my needs. However, when looking at the iPhone contracts, the exact same tariff that I am on now includes unlimited texts.

What's going on? Is there any way I can get my text allowance to be unlimited? Surely O2 would let me upgrade to unlimited seeing as I'm on the exact same tariff?

Thanks,

Justin
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: iPhone 24 month £35 contract - Outdated?

I bought my iPhone a year ago in August with the £35 for 24 months contract. I have recently got a girlfriend who texts me a lot, and the 600 texts I get a month aren't suitable for my needs. However, when looking at the iPhone contracts, the exact same tariff that I am on now includes unlimited texts.
What's going on? Is there any way I can get my text allowance to be unlimited? Surely O2 would let me upgrade to unlimited seeing as I'm on the exact same tariff?
Thanks,
Justin

Yes, they will. But you will lose your 4 to 1 overseas and MMS text allowance.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Slight correction I think, but you would need to check very carefully. I did this to downgrade my contract £5 a month and got the unlimited texts. But as AF says you loose the 4-1 texts abroad and MMS. But that was when they first came out and still included unlimited internet, so that is what I still have. If you change now it is possible that you would go onto the new tarrifs going to be capped in a couple of months.

Need to really check that out. As it happens the unlimited texts are no use to me as only use about 10 a month, but don't use MMS or go abroad either so it was just to downgrade a tarrif!
Highlighted
Anonymous

So does that mean that I will lose my unlimited WiFi?
Highlighted
Anonymous

So does that mean that I will lose my unlimited WiFi?

No. Unlimited wifi will remain but at the £35 price point your data will be capped at 500mb per month before it slows down, with an option to purchase data bundles, whenever you max out.

I cannot see them allowing you to keep your previous data bundle when you move to an up to date tariff. You won't be able to have your cake and eat it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Don't know this for sure but not so worried about the wifi more the actual data allowance 500MB instead of unlimited. Not sure what the wifi allowance is on the new contracts but if you are talking about the cloud or BT openzones would guess they are still the same.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Beat me to it AF, by the way you are getting called in the chat thread! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

How much is 500mb roughly? I only use mobile browsing when I'm on the go, but when I am on the go I usually use the facebook app, sometimes IM, sometimes check train times and check the App Store for updates. Each of these activities last around 10-20 minutes. I guess if o2 ever get better 3G coverage (wishful thinking) then I would probably stream some YouTube clips.

Thanks,

Justin
Highlighted
Anonymous

How much is 500mb roughly? I only use mobile browsing when I'm on the go, but when I am on the go I usually use the facebook app, sometimes IM, sometimes check train times and check the App Store for updates. Each of these activities last around 10-20 minutes. I guess if o2 ever get better 3G coverage (wishful thinking) then I would probably stream some YouTube clips.
Thanks,
Justin

Everytime we answer a question, you ask another one. :womanindifferent: In order to save you time I have searched O2's website for you. :robotindifferent: :robotindifferent: :robotindifferent:

http://www.o2.co.uk/newdatatariffs

Click on the bit that says "What can I do with 500mb........".

Also, have a look at your previous bills and see what your average usage is.

Work it out for yourself!!!
Highlighted
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,854
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

or reset your counters and see what you use or just look at the data counter and see whast you have used since last reset them work out monthly usage.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services