Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 12

Ginagmc3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My ex partner got me this phone I pay the bills on it every month. I don’t speak to him and need to know can I change this phone over to me so he has no more to do with it. Also he got another phone for his son and linked it to my app can this be removed off the app
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Ginagmc3 

The only way to do both is to wait until the minimum terms have been met for each contract, then cancel them and start new ones separately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Ginagmc3 If the contract for the phone is in your ex-partner's name, you will not be able to cancel it, even though you pay the bill for it. At some point towards the end of the contract you'll have to speak if you want to retain the phone number and get it switched to your name. Also bear in mind that starting a new contract in your name at the end of this one will involve a credit check.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@Ginagmc3 

You can do it without speaking to your ex as you hold the phone, but it will mean you having to get your PAC and leave O2.

You can do this temporarily by porting your number to another networks PAYG sim and then porting back to O2 with a contract in your name after 30 days. 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Ginagmc3 You will still have to pass a credit check if you want to eventually stay with O2 even though you've been paying the bill as the current contract isn't in your name.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5