cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad sim - stopping pay-as-you-go payments

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently ditched my old "new iPad" (ipad 3 in other words) for a swanky iPad Air 2. They've shrunk the sim yet again, so my existing O2 sim was no good. Being a total muppet, I tried the old trick of trimming it, but that didn't work, so I just went with the one that Apple supplied (and to a competitor, for no other reason than it was automatic.)

Problem is, now that the O2 sim is destroyed, there's no way to stop the monthly £13 coming out of my account - I stupidly assumed that if the sim couldn't be topped up, I wouldn't be charged.

Obviously, the last three months worth of thirteen quids are lost to me, but how the heck do I stop it happening forever more?

I get an automated email from O2 every month telling me that the non-existent sim has been topped up, but (of course) it's a no-reply email.

Halp.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Contact CS and request the auto topup be cancelled http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Contact CS and request the auto topup be cancelled http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do cs not have an email address at all?

I find with phone and instant chat that cs try to sell me things and I'm terribly weak willed 😕
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

No email address now. The word you need is NO, but take your chances with chat tbh.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Have a look in your "MY O2" if you don't want to call as there may be an option there to cancel payments....
http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I find with phone and instant chat that cs try to sell me things and I'm terribly weak willed 😕

I wouldn't recommend livechat for your query slight_frown

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous were you able to cancel the auto topup?
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not as yet 😕
Message 8 of 8