Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Pro

ZoeAnn89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve been having trouble for 3 days now trying to get an iPad on a pay monthly contract.
I tried doing it online Friday, which it kept saying my card was invalid. So I rang up and spoke to someone on the phone, who said that I had passed the credit check and sent me a text to follow the link and sign the e signature... but I wanted to change the delivery address as my husband and I would be at work and wanted to change it to my mother in laws house. The person I spoke to after said I couldn’t as I’d have to do the whole credit check again... I then decided I’d just go into the shop and do it instead on my day off.
Got to the shop and was told Because of the credit check I need to leave a £550 deposit. When I questioned why because I’d been previously told I had passed the credit check, he rang head office who said there was no trace of me placing an order over the phone. 😡
I was advised to do another order online again, which I did last night and it managed to go through this time and I received this email:

Your order details
Item(s) ordered: 1 Apple iPad Pro 12.9 inch 2018 256GB Silver O2 Refresh
Data FLX 10GB Set 2 £19 £50.00
2 Work anywhere £0.00
Order number: ms-*********
Collection reference: *****
Expected date available: 11/06/19
Collection point: O2 Store, UNIT 12

(Obviously I’ve hidden the reference and collection no.) 02 have also taken the £50 upfront cost...
My question is, if I haven’t passed the credit check, would they still have sent this email and taken the upfront cost? As I haven’t heard anything back from 02...
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ZoeAnn89 

As you have an order number and collection reference, I would say you have passed the credit check. Normally you hear nothing, if they are following up various credit checks.

I see the expected date available isn't until 11/6 so you would need to phone before collection (it may be out of stock)

You should get an email when it's dispatched then you can track it here....

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/how-to-track-your-order

Or simply ring the store on the 11/6

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ZoeAnn89 

As you have an order number and collection reference, I would say you have passed the credit check. Normally you hear nothing, if they are following up various credit checks.

I see the expected date available isn't until 11/6 so you would need to phone before collection (it may be out of stock)

You should get an email when it's dispatched then you can track it here....

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/how-to-track-your-order

Or simply ring the store on the 11/6

Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

ZoeAnn89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I’ve just popped into the shop where I’m collecting from and they said the same. Thanks for your reply 😊
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good to hear @ZoeAnn89 

Best of luck on the 11th thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

jonsie