cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad Pro failed, areO2 still liable to repair?

Caeoleth
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bought an iPad Pro on Pay Monthly in 2018 which recently failed. Took it to the Apple store who ran diagnostics and concluded that the logic board was defective and likely had been since purchase. The Apple Genius who ran the diagnostics said that under EU Consumer Law, O2 may still be liable to fix it, as consumers have legal rights for up to 6 years if there's a fault. Is this correct?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Caeoleth 

Yes it is correct, however, you need to prove that the fault was there from new.

You will need something official from Apple to state this, rather than a guess.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Caeoleth 

Yes it is correct, however, you need to prove that the fault was there from new.

You will need something official from Apple to state this, rather than a guess.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35228 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Don't leave it too long, @Caeoleth - UK Consumer law remains based on EU law for now, but can be changed as a result of the UK having left the EU not so long ago...

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9126/

Message 3 of 3