cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessages sending as texts

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I try I start a new conversation to an iPhone OR iPod/iPad, the message send as a text, not an iMessage. Is there anything I can do to sort this?
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
- check you have iMessage turned on
- check the other person does too
- check the other person has iMessage.

It only works via iMessage when both sender/receiver has it on their phone and has it turned on. Doesn't work in any other situation.

To be perfectly honest, other than MMS/Videos by text, I can't see the point in iMessage. its just a text really and most people have unlimited texts.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149326 Posts
  • 655 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
Every time you send an iMessage or just some recipients?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have iMessage turned on in your phones settings ?
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

The receipient also needs to have imessage turned on otherwise it will automatically send as text.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 149326 Posts
  • 655 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
We're gonna need them stilsons again wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
- check you have iMessage turned on
- check the other person does too
- check the other person has iMessage.

It only works via iMessage when both sender/receiver has it on their phone and has it turned on. Doesn't work in any other situation.

To be perfectly honest, other than MMS/Videos by text, I can't see the point in iMessage. its just a text really and most people have unlimited texts.
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93978 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions