Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: iMessage and normal SMS not working?

My SMS have all started coming through which I'm pleased about! iMessage wont recognise number now though, it's not even showing up on top and in grey like it was before. Either of you know how to get it back? Sorry for being a pain! Smiley Embarassed

Highlighted
Topics: 559
Solutions: 14,341

Try turning off iMessage and facetime then restart the phone and turn them back on again, iMessage first.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Good to hear your SMS are now coming through.

Our not being a pain.

If you perform a google search their are lots of tips available or perhaps see an apple Genius Bar.
Highlighted
Anonymous

One tip

iMessage is greyed out
Some users have reported a problem with iMessage being grayed out. One tip is to reset Messages. Follow these steps:

Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap each email address to remove it.

Go back one screen and tap iMessage to turn it off.

Go back again and tap FaceTime. Deselect all FaceTime emails and tap FaceTime to turn it off

Wait five minutes.

Turn iMessage and FaceTime back on with no email address selected. It should just have your mobile number ticked. Use this from now on.
Highlighted
Anonymous

It's all working now! Thanks, guys! Bouncy

Highlighted
Anonymous

Awesome.

How did you resolve the issue ?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Just had to keep signing in/out of Apple ID and switching off both iMessage and FaceTime, and it eventually showed my number then. No hassle with the "Waiting for activation..." capers either.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Good news. Smiley Happy

Thanks for the update.
Highlighted
Topics: 559
Solutions: 14,341

Glad it's all sorted for you.....
Smiley Happy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

@Anonymous Good to hear your SMS are now coming through and everything is working. Thanks for the recommendations guys!