Did you mean: 

iMessage and WhatsApp not working when roaming

mindreadertype
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello

I’m currently in Australia and keep finding that my phone won’t send or receive iMessages or connect on WhatsApp. The rest of the internet services including email and other apps work fine. I’ve tried changing networks and phone resets but I get nothing.

Can anyone offer any advice at all?

Thanks
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

mindreadertype
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I should also say that facebook messenger seems to have the same problem and I have tried changing my settings between idata and mobile
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Can you try manually selecting a different network to see if it helps?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

mindreadertype
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve tried that. The two other networks available to me just stay on SOS
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

They should work, we’ll messenger should at least as it worked very well for me when I was over there

Message 5 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 6 of 13

mindreadertype
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yup. Tried hard and soft resets.
Message 7 of 13

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @mindreadertype, how are you getting on with this, did you manage to get your apps working in the end?

Message 8 of 13

mindreadertype
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sadly not, but luckily I left Melbourne and moved to another city and it worked there.
Message 9 of 13

mindreadertype
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi

I posted this a while back but the problem fixed itself when I moved cities. I’m on data roaming in Australia. My phone works just fine on WiFi, and has been working fine in Canberra. However in Melbourne and now Sydney the data roaming does not connect to iMessage / WhatsApp / facebook messenger etc. It works fine when using the internet on safari but just won’t send or receive any messages. It’s rending my phone almost unuseable. I’ve missed loads of things because messages haven’t come through.

I’ve tried phone resets, data resets, network resets, changing from idata to mobile, automatic and manual network selections but have had no luck on any of them. It’s infuriating. I’ve an iPhone X fully updated.

If anyone can offer any advice I’d really appreciate it
Message 10 of 13