its an 18 month contract,
but i really hate it and want to stop it
how do i this
and will i be charged?

all help will be appreciated
Highlighted
Anonymous

i want to stop my contract

No, you can't cancel the contract. You signed up for a minimum of 18 months, that is what you agreed to. So you can't terminate the agreement until that period has ended.

o2 sometimes allow you to pay off the remainder of the contract, but that would cost you the same as if you'd continued, except in one lump sum.

After 9 months of your contract you can go down the tariffs by one a month (eg £35 to £30 then £25 etc) which will save you money if you're not using the service.

Otherwise there's no way out I'm afraid.

By the way, why do you hate it?

SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

I cant stop going over my tariff
i spend like £30 on it every month
when its a £15 contract
Highlighted
Anonymous

I cant stop going over my tariff
i spend like £30 on it every month
when its a £15 contract

If thats the case then your either on the wrong tariff or your making calls that are not included in your bundle.

The best thing to do is call customer services, ask them what you seem to be using over your allowance and if needs be they can change your tariff to a more suited one, you will need to pay more for this, but its better than getting charged over your allowance every month.
Highlighted
Anonymous

If you are overspending in UK minutes and texts (UK landlines and mobiles) you can go up a tariff or two. You can go up a tariff any time, no need to wait for month 9. This will give you more inclusive minutes for less money (usually).

If you are overspending on international calls, try getting a VoIP service like RebTel which gives you local numbers to call in order to reach international destinations.

If you are overspending on 08xx numbers... use a landline instead Smiley Happy