cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have a sim only contract and need to buy a samsung phone ? i dont want to buy the 10 pound credit

Anonymous
Not applicable

i need to buy a new phone from 02 but dont need the credit that comes with it ? how do i do that

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions
Can you explain why you need to buy a new phone from O2 ?
"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If buying in store it is at the managers discretion to charge the £10 top up or not on a PAYG phone.
If you explain you are upgrading they may wave the fee.
Alternatively you can order online through the o2 shop http://www.o2.co.uk/shop which won't charge you the top up and go and buy sim free from Carphone Warehouse.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

buying sim free from CPW the handset is more expensive then just buying it on pay as you blow, you may as well pay the 10 credit charge and keep that sim safe so if their is a time you go abroad you can use the sim then it or just keep the sim in a draw and use it as a back up sim just incase... 

Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unless you keep the sim active by using it every 6 months it will deactivate.
Not sure how using it abroad will help either?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 just buy using the credit and saving his bill on his simo account its just a way of using up the credit if you think outside the box... why are you so argumentative with me when i post! if you dont like what i post just scroll on buy and stop trying to embroil me into an argument

Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm just asking for clarification to understand.
No one is having an argument ?
Of course they would also have to be going abroad outside of the EU to benefit from that too, I guess.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous Welcome to the forum! slight_smile Let us know how you get on. Would love to also read what you think of the new phone when you get it! Happy Dance

Message 8 of 8