Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

htc desire & 500mb data allowance per month

Hi
I'm thinking of getting a HTC desire phone with my current contract cause the phone I have with it is crap. I get the web bolt on of 500mb a month. Do you think the HTC will eat this data up or do you reckon I will be fine?
Thanks!
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Re: htc desire & 500mb data allowance per month

It will depend entirely on how you use it, if you're constantly running Youtube videos and running large downloads, it won't last long at all.
If you only use services like that rarely and mainly check emails and light surfing then it will easily last you the month.
It's a very difficult question to answer.
O2 reckon only 5% of customers would need more than that a month.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Anonymous

If you have access to wi-fi then 500mb should do you fine, if you don't then I think you could get through your allowance fairly easily. When I visit relatives and have no wi-fi I can use 25mb a day and that is just general surfing and email.
Anonymous

Hi
Thanks for your comments, I'm sure I'll be fine cause I usually just generally browse and check emails, but I've also heard that O2 do an additional 500mb bolt on for £5.11 so that would mean 1gb which would be good.
How do you find the phones if you have the HTC?
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

I use an HTC Wildfire that I bought sim free, and it's excellent, the set up on O2 was a breeze.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1