cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to stop going over data

Anonymous
Not applicable

this is my first time on a monthly contract i would like to know how i can block my son going over his data and being charge extra. thanks in advance

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
o2 will automatically stop data if you reach the limit.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 2 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You can check your myo2 account to check the data but it will stop once the data has run out 

Message 3 of 37

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

If I'm right you are now charged a flat day rate of £1 per day.  

They used to cap it and still do on certain older contracts, but o2 no longer do on new ones.  Check with o2 themselves, but any new tariff is no longer stopped at end of you allowance. 

New terms now

4. Browsing
UK and Europe Zone data usage only. Data used while outside of our Europe Zone is not included. Applies if a data bundle Bolt On is not chosen.

IMG_0271.PNG

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darrengf The £1 a day is the web daily for pay as you go data usage. This is a contract that the OP is talking about. The data stops once you have used up your allowance unless you wait until your next month or buy a bolt on 

Message 5 of 37

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Indeed it does @Anonymous and therefore, you cannot be charged extra unless you consciously buy a bolt on.
Data bolt ons also carry over for 1 month too if not all used in the month purchased.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 37

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@darrengf wrote:

If I'm right you are now charged a flat day rate of £1 per day.  

They used to cap it and still do on certain older contracts, but o2 no longer do on new ones.  Check with o2 themselves, but any new tariff is no longer stopped at end of you allowance. 

New terms now

4. Browsing
UK and Europe Zone data usage only. Data used while outside of our Europe Zone is not included. Applies if a data bundle Bolt On is not chosen.

IMG_0271.PNG

Interesting screenshot there @darrengf

It does indeed read like you are charged £1 per day if you go over your data.

@MercedesS @Marjo @Martin-O2 can we check what this means in relation to a pay monthly sim please?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 37

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

The rule did change and this was when the tariffs were changed when they went up.

at first I thought it was a mistake, but I'm sure I've heard some one was charged a £1 and I'm sure it now reflects this in the terms as well if I remember.

the days of no data once you reached it has gone now 😒

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 8 of 37

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Interesting.....
Anything said about how much you can use, speeds etc?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 37

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That also makes sense thinking about a couple of recent posts we've had too.....

Currently using:
Message 10 of 37