cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to remove an item from my o2 Upgrade Basket

Anonymous
Not applicable

i decided to go through the process of doing an Early Upgrade of my Pay Monthly Phone, just to see how to do it. Part one of the process involved the o2 website adding an item to my Upgrade Basket. 

The item is called:

"Discounted Early Upgrade Fee"

this is the page: https://www.o2.co.uk/upgrade/basket/

i added the item yesterday and since then, my computer has been turned off. i hoped that would automatically remove the item but its still there! there doesn't seem to be anything on that page to suggest i can 'remove' or 'delete' the item.

i'll be hoping to buy something else in the near future but can't until i remove this item thats still in the basket!

cheers slight_smile

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Then @Anonymous  I think the site is 'glitching'...

I can (and do) shop online for 'England' :smileywink:...and know (as do you, probably) that once you click on your basket there is always an option to edit, add or delete items.

It does look as if a call to CS is your only option? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you tried clearing cache and deleting any o2 cookies?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yet. I did try with a different web browser and also with my android tablet, but the same problem was present.

I was originally trying with chrome on my computer

Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

i decided to log onto the o2 Upgrade section of the web site today, since its now 1 month before my 'free one month upgrade'.

yesterday, when I was within the 2 months from my 'free one month upgrade', my Upgrade Basket stated i had to pay roughly £33.

now that i'm within 1 month of my 'free one month upgrade', the Upgrade Basket states i have to pay roughly £16.

it seems that the Basket does not work in the conventional sense. its not actually something that you put things in and take things out. it can only contain one thing, which you cannot remove, and thats your Discounted Early Upgrade Fee.

so.. mystery solved slight_smile

Message 14 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for updating the thread to let us all know.

slight_smile
Message 15 of 20

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That kinda makes sense really as it is a compulsory charge...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks for that explanation. At least now I know the site wasn't 'glitching' as I thought:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah, i suppose it does kinda make sense.

i was just expecting to have an empty Basket to start with, and when i click to upgrade, it would then add the Compulsory Charge.

As it is, the Charge is always present in the Basket and looks like a Transaction that i've baled out of half way through.

at least we know, now, though grin

Message 18 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

I disagree you should be able to empty any shopping basket on any site.

Message 19 of 20

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You can...but I'm assuming after 6 months the basket is well and truly empty LOL

Message 20 of 20