cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how messed up can a number transfer get?

ddddd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Got a PAC from old carrier, signed up to an O2 SIM only plan on Saturday.

Followed instructions - no joy - Monday afternoon phoned O2 service desk 202 went through some process was told it would be done next day.

Carrier lost on old SIM, fair enough.  Put in new SIM, and it still hasn't transferred number.  Phoned 202 again, went some even more convoluted process with web forms failing with errors, then agent did some magic back-end but didn't explain to me anything that wa sgoing on then she even tried to upsell me (what! - are you guys kidding me!!) and was told it would be done by tomorrow - and now I've received an email from BluePrism about some kind of "validation" error.

How can such a process be so broken!

O2 has so many managers, so many staff, so many business analysts - and after all these years you still cannot get it right.

What an utter joke.

And the attempt to upsell to me was quite frankly greedy and disgusting,

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ddddd 

Sounds a right mess. I'll ask one of our account advisors to help you.

@O2Lisaare you able to assist @ddddd please?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

The answer is very messy, even months after a port has completed...  (something I have just been through with EE and another Donor Network not o2). 

And trust me, it is just not o2..  

The whole process as created by OfCom is broken, and is over complicated, and relies on so many moving parts and usually the problem is the donor network...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 12

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @Cleoriff.

@ddddd I'll message you privately and look in to this for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Best of luck @O2Lisa xx @ddddd  now look out for a message from Lisa. Top right of page is an envelope icon when you see a 1 in it, that's the PM (Private message)

PM new forum.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

ddddd
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cheers fella.  Lisa must have sorted it.  But I had to chuckle when I got a text half way through the day re "number port had failed" and then I was directed to call an 0344 number... but would that have been at my expense I wonder?

I didn't call it.  Anyway, all seems sorted now, with old number on new SIM, so thank you for that.

Now we just have the trifling matter of two days charge... seems O2 were pretty quick to take their money alright... so, will I get that money back for two days of no service?

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@ddddd 

03 numbers are included in your allowances so no charges to call that number.

If you ask O2 they will give you 2 days credit which will amount to a couple of quid I guess.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

ddddd
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

well, that's as maybe... but should I really "have to" "ask" ?

Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143418 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I fear you will have to unfortunately.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 12

ddddd
  • 7 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lisa has now also kindly sorted out the money side of things too.  So thank you for that.  We got there in the end.

BTW, the better half has also attempted to transfer, this time from Three to O2, and got her PAC code, and purchased her O2 SIM last Saturday at the same time as me, and as at 08:00am this morning (Thursday) she still hasn't been transferred either.  Should I suggest that she also post here in this forum too?

Message 10 of 12