Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help i losst my phone!

clivityuk
Level 3: Thinker
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

O2 web chat is down! please help....what do I do?

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a landline via BT but I dont have a house phone!

YES, if you ride only with a cell phone (like almost EVERY single person these days) you are **** if trying to report it lost.

This is really shoddy.....if web chat asks me to phone in....I will lose my cool. Its 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 21 of 35

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I sit here waiting for 8am......seriously......I LOVE o2 but this is really sketchy

Message 22 of 35

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Most companies close their Live Chat at 9 or 10pm and some mobile phone companies done even have it. 

As a last resort try and find a phone box, or ask a friend to borrow their phone. Remember you can use Skype as well to call Customer Services from a laptop,  If you have internet... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 23 of 35

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have only been in this country 11 months.....I am like the perfect storm.  No friends, no phone, and no o2!

But they really should have a web form available 24 hours to AT LEAST REPORT the phone missing.  I dont need to talk to a human, just LET ME REPORT IT!

Its 2018.  Honestly for this kind of stuff.....o2 needs an option to report.  Who uses landlines anymore?

Again I am fiercely loyal to o2 as their service is spectacular.  But this is silly.

Message 24 of 35

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

3 more minutes!

Message 25 of 35

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It would have helped @clivityuk had the webform shown in the lost and stolen guide been working. It isn't.

Last night and this morning it keeps referring you to the contact us page @madasaf1sh

I have mentioned it to @MI5 but should also ask @Marjo or @Martin-O2 if they are aware of it.

It is totally ridiculous that the most vital part of the guide isn't functioning when you lose an expensive piece of kit.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 35

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!

Message 27 of 35

clivityuk
  • 40 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update: Web chat cancelled it.  EIGHT HOURS LATER!

Who knows what nefarious things have happened since then......

Honestly, as I said, I am a VERY loyal o2 customer.  But PLEASE MAKE THIS EASIER!

NO ONE LOSES THEIR PHONE IN THE DAYTIME!  Well rarely.  Its ALWAYS at a pub LOL

Now I gotta buy a new phone lsjakjSKLJASLKFJ

Message 28 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
At least you are only liable for the first £100 of costs now.
I’ll check with @Martin-O2 regarding the web form.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 35

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5@Cleoriff. I'll find out what's happening with the webform. 

@clivityuk I'm sorry to hear that you had a rough time reporting your handset stolen but at least it's been done now. Please let us know if you need any further assistance. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 30 of 35