cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

going over on.my minutes

Anonymous
Not applicable

i recently down graded my tariff from 400min to 300 min as for 4 yrs I was never close to useing them never going over them once then recently I broke the screen on my phone with phones now a days been so sensitive to touch it was dialling people in my pocket not realising these calls had drained my minutes some been 16 min and 20 min a time I continued useing my phone as normal as I always had next thing I know I got a bill for 140 pound my usual tariff been 14 pound where I accept it was mainly me not paying attention that ran me over my minutes I thought O2 would recognise this and maybe reduce.my bill slightly it was a genuine error and I'm gutted I'm paying 10x what I normally would I take it as a lesson learned but what are people thoughts do you think O2 could of helped me a bit I mean I would of been grateful for any reduction I mean the way I was treated was horrible and when my contract expires I will never use O2 again. Regards graham

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you call again you may get a different response from a different adviser, but generally, O2 have no obligation to reduce the bill.
Use the My O2 app to keep track of your usage in future.
http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-o2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143437 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you call again you may get a different response from a different adviser, but generally, O2 have no obligation to reduce the bill.
Use the My O2 app to keep track of your usage in future.
http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-o2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As you say, easily done these days especially with being unable to lock the screen or using the pin code. As said above, a different adviser may well be more sympathetic,  certainly nothing to lose by calling again and politely asking if they can offer a goodwill gesture.

Message 3 of 4

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Although distressing O2 aren't obliged to offer anything as I'm sure you know.

But asking another advisor has in the past proven to get different results, so deffo give that a shot.

Let us know how things pan out!

Message 4 of 4