cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting charged for mms to 000000000001234

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, ever since I changed from payg to simplicity, I noticed I have been getting charged for mms to the number 000000000001234, does anyone know what this number is or is anyone else having the same problem, I haven't sent anything to this number but I am getting charged.

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A few people have been having this problem. I would contact customer service. Have a look at the last post in this thread. Not sure of the response you will get.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple-iOS-Devices-iPhone-iPad/iPhone-sending-MMS-messages/m-p/115808/hi...

Message 2 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I had this problem and it was actually " sending picture to email " have you done any of this recently?

Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

Yes I'm getting exactly the same problem.

I've noticed this number on my last 2 bills, I contacted O2 on online chat and was told it's a 02 landline number whatever that is, the person i spoke with was not convinced when i said I hadn't sent an MMS to this number on October 2nd. According to 02 my MMS was sent at 14.21 on tuesday this week, how could I be washing my hair and texting at the same time !!

So far I'm not happy with 02 at all, there are always charges outside my allowance every month to this number or charge for a smiley even , when I don't use them ( was told a smiley is classed as MMS too , ridiculous.

I'm disputing the charge made to this number.

Good Luck !

Message 4 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi I had the same issue but got a very helpful response from O2 csr;

Below is a list of reasons why a text message is sent as a MMS (picture message) and how you can avoid this.
Viju: 1. Text messages to email addresses - Don’t use an email address in the ‘To’ box when creating a text message.
Viju: 2. Text messages sent to multiple contacts which include email addresses and mobile numbers – Send to mobile numbers only. If you need to send to an email address send it separately.
Viju: 3. Using subject headers – Don’t use subject headers.
Viju: 4. Contact cards – Don’t send contact cards.
Viju: 5. Long Messages – If you’re sending a message with more than 360 characters, send it as 2 messages. There is a character counter on most phones that you can see when you’re writing a text message.
Viju: 6. Smiley faces or emoticons – Don’t use smiley faces or emoticons.
Viju: 7. Sending to more than 25 people – Try breaking the message up into smaller groups.
Viju: 8. Attachments (pictures, videos, sounds, music, drawings and locations) – Don’t add any attachments to the text message.
Viju: Note – Your phone will tell you if it is changing your message to an MMS (picture message). Keep your eye out for it and don’t ignore it.
Viju: I hope this helps.

Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

My dad had this recently and the customer service advisor told him its because he sent a picture to an email address through messaging rather than email he didn't and o2 refunded the charges

Message 6 of 31

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hi I had the same issue but got a very helpful response from O2 csr;

Below is a list of reasons why a text message is sent as a MMS (picture message) and how you can avoid this.
Viju: 1. Text messages to email addresses - Don’t use an email address in the ‘To’ box when creating a text message.
Viju: 2. Text messages sent to multiple contacts which include email addresses and mobile numbers – Send to mobile numbers only. If you need to send to an email address send it separately.
Viju: 3. Using subject headers – Don’t use subject headers.
Viju: 4. Contact cards – Don’t send contact cards.
Viju: 5. Long Messages – If you’re sending a message with more than 360 characters, send it as 2 messages. There is a character counter on most phones that you can see when you’re writing a text message.
Viju: 6. Smiley faces or emoticons – Don’t use smiley faces or emoticons.
Viju: 7. Sending to more than 25 people – Try breaking the message up into smaller groups.
Viju: 8. Attachments (pictures, videos, sounds, music, drawings and locations) – Don’t add any attachments to the text message.
Viju: Note – Your phone will tell you if it is changing your message to an MMS (picture message). Keep your eye out for it and don’t ignore it.
Viju: I hope this helps.

It's common knowledge on the forum that a great deal of the information given out by O2 chat is incorrect. I was under the understanding that sending to any more than 3 or 4 people at any one time is calculated as an MMS, and that more than 160 characters in messages on some phones turns the message into a longer message. There are also some phones that do not tell you if it is changing your message to an MMS. There are numerous threads on the forum relating to this problem. You would be wise to do a search.

The number of times that O2 chat has given out misinformation is appalling. It needs to be stopped.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I fail to see how sending a text to more than 3 or 4 people should be an mms its just a batch of text messages and if you have the allowance for texts you have no reason to think you would be charged as an mms

Message 8 of 31

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I fail to see how sending a text to more than 3 or 4 people should be an mms its just a batch of text messages and if you have the allowance for texts you have no reason to think you would be charged as an mms

Take a look at this thread and read Pablo's replies. He works for O2.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/MMS-charges/m-p/377980#M36257

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im afraid that doesnt mean anything to me ive sent group messages from my iphone and never been charged also I would argue with o2 if I had to texts are texts no matter how many you send

Message 10 of 31