free calls to Ukraine - completely messed up

lord_kr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

Firstly sorry for my English, I’m still learning but realise is not perfect

I’m loyal pay monthly customer from 15 years. Couple weeks ago O2 announced waive of all charges  for communication to Ukraine due to the war. So I made some calls and texts to my close friend in that country. Unfortunately I’ve been charged standard international rates and quickly reached my spending cap so any further communication has been blocked. After conversation with Customer Service I increased my spending cap and also been promised that any charges should be credited back to my account on the bill date. Of course it didn’t happened. Another call to O2 and another promise to credit charges within 24 hours. After one week still nothing. Now I’m left with much higher bill to pay and another promise to credit back everything but on the NEXT bill. They also suggested to put my account on hold so I could pay my usual amount ant wait to refund next month. Unfortunately this is no option for me: I made a lot of effort to maintain my credit report and cannot get any late payments

O2 are you SERIOUS? Firstly you announce a very useful option, something which may be really important to someone with relatives and friends in war zone and then messing up with charges, crediting back and God knows what else? I had a lot of stress from being worried about my friends but you added your part to my trauma with higher bill which I’m not really able to pay and incompetent customer service.

Unfortunately my friend died from bombing his house by Russian murders. And because of your incompetence we even wasn’t able to talk. Now I’m trying to help his wife and you know what? I took pay as you go SIM from another network. And yes is possible – just free calls, no crediting back, no mess, simple and reliable. I really regret not having done it sooner. And I cannot wait to finish my contract and leave O2 after 15 years. Because in a most important moments they completely failed.

Is here anyone from O2 to help? Could be possible to adjust my bill to usual amount, to waive charges? I’m not able to pay in full but don’t want damage my credit score. All the fuss is not my fault, but O2 giving false information.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22938 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Very sorry for your loss.

I will pass this to an O2 account advisor. @O2Kyle or @O2Emma can you please assist @lord_kr?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@lord_kr 

I'll ask @O2Emma to help you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @MI5 I will pick this up thanks.

signature
Message 4 of 9

O2Emma
Former Staff
  • 1198 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 34 Solutions

Hi @lord_kr  Sorry to hear about your loss I will send you a private message to look into this for you.

signature
Message 5 of 9

lord_kr
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately the problem is unsolved

I still need to pay full amount (with charges for FREE calls to Ukraine) and maybe it will be credited back on the next bill. Maybe because I can't see any adjustments on my O2 App  Not making a payment will be marked on credit file and my account can be blocked 

THANK YOU O2, YOU ARE SCAMMERS WITH NO UNDERSTANDING HOW DIFFICULT TIME IS FOR SOMEONE TIED TO SITUATION IN UKRAINE. I will be so happy to move to another provider in short time 

Message 6 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Chris_Kare you able to help here please? I've tagged you to assist @lord_kr due to the charges incurred. Your post HERE stated that wouldn't happen.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 9

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi @lord_kr, I'm really sorry to hear your friend was killed in the horrible war happening in Ukraine right now. This isn't the experience we would hope or expect our customers to have and I realise there's nothing I can say that will fix what happened or make it better, but I really am sorry about this.

Regarding the billing/charges, this isn't something I can fix here on the Community but if you could send us a DM on Twitter or Facebook then I promise we'll get this looked into ASAP and resolved for you. When you message us, please mention you are "lord_kr" from the O2 Community - I've made sure if anyone mentions that, then you'll come directly through to my team and we'll know it's you. We'll do some necessary security checks and then we'll get this sorted for you.

Again lord_kr, I'm so sorry about both your friend, and the experience you've had with us during what's undoubtedly a really difficult and emotional time.

EDIT: I believe we may already be in conversation with you on Twitter @lord_kr - my team will be back in touch ASAP with any updates.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks SO much @Chris_K. Hopefully this will be sorted soon?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9