Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding an old contract phone number to unlock icloud

nicki
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My mum bought my son a contract IPhone 5c some years ago (6-7yrs ago) as a present. I still have the phone, but my son transfered the sim into an Iphone 6 a few yrs ago then lost his phone. he bought another IPhone 6 & has since used O2 PAYG sim. He couldnt remember his ICloud password when he lost his contract sim so he made a new icloud acc for his new phone. I have used his old IPhone 5c for a couple of yrs now with an O2 payg sim but have just got a contract sim from BT that i want to put in the IPhone 5c. I got the PUK code from O2 to unlock my phone but it is now blocked because of the old Icloud acc that was my sons. how can i trace his old number to enter it as i need to know it for his trusted phone number to unlock this phone? thxs

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There's no way to recover it unless you can reset the password, but the last one I had like this cleared after the second factory reset from the phone itself, not through iTunes.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If you do a complete factory reset (might need to do it twice) you will delete the old iCloud requirements so you can enter your own details.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nicki First off it’s a pac code you need not a puk. You need to get him to sign into his iCloud account & remove the iPhone 5c from it

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Deleted by me

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

nicki
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

He forgot his password for his old acc & his trusted phone number (which was his old contract sim phone number he lost when he put it in his 1st IPhone 6) we cant remember the trusted number which is the stumbling block. we've tried connecting it to the laptop with itunes & factory resetting it but it comes up that the phone is icloud locked. we know the email addresss that he set it up with etc but just cant remember the old phone number

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There's no way to recover it unless you can reset the password, but the last one I had like this cleared after the second factory reset from the phone itself, not through iTunes.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @nicki, and welcome to the forum Wave Have you made some progress with this since you last psoted? Please let us know how you're getting on, and if you have any additional questions slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 9

nicki
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i got the old number but with all the hassle i had i got an iphone 6 & will use that instead lol .. thxs every1 for the help tho grin
Message 8 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@nicki wrote:
i got the old number but with all the hassle i had i got an iphone 6 & will use that instead lol .. thxs every1 for the help tho grin

Good to hear you're all settled now @nicki, thanks for letting us know smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 9 of 9