Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

esim no service

JohnBBH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just changed tariff on my son's phone so he has more data as he's travelling in Europe. His phone is now on esim rather than plastic sim. Everything seems to have gone fine during the upgrade process but he has 'no service' message so can't get any data when not on wifi. He's restarted his phone numerous times but no joy. Any ideas what the problem could be??

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146916 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

Nothing happens quickly with O2 @JohnBBH 🙄

However, systems update around midnight each day, so that probably was what did it 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 146916 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@JohnBBH 

Try resetting the network settings.

If no luck, contact O2 to check Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

JohnBBH
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That didn't work - O2 have given us some other things to try (eg manually entering mobile data settings) so fingers crossed!

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 146916 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

Have you tried manually selecting a network @JohnBBH ?

Message 4 of 6

JohnBBH
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It seems to have sorted itself. Guess it was just a case of being patient and waiting for things to switch over - and here's us thinking we live in an instantaneous world!!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 146916 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

Nothing happens quickly with O2 @JohnBBH 🙄

However, systems update around midnight each day, so that probably was what did it 👍

Message 6 of 6