Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ending contract

me4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am on 2 year contract with o2 through carphone warehouse. Final payment is 2nd aug, contract ends on 8th aug.

I am going to be going to another network with carphone warehouse. Do I buy new phone before, so it starts on 8th? if I wait until 8th, then takes few days to get phone. What do o2 charge me? Do i need to ring o2 and cancel. I am very confused in which order to do things basically lol
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@me4 

Carphone Warehouse are just a retailer, your contract is with O2.

You need to cancel with O2 and give CPW your PAC when they process your new contract.

The number will changeover within 2 days (except weekends) and your O2 contract will be cancelled at the point of number change.

You will only be billed for the days past the 8th that you stay on O2.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

me4
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thankyou. That's alot clearer! So do I ring o2 now or once I got new phone after 8th?
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@me4 

No need to ring.

Just text for your PAC as per the info in guide.

You can get PAC now and give it to CPW when you order the new contract.

O2 will bill you up to the end of contract if done before 8th Aug or just bill you for a day or two after. 

Best time to give PAC would be 5th August then you should be changed over by the 7th so getting maximum use from your O2 contract before leaving.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4