Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

end of contract

gemma1986
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i have been with o2 for atleast 20+ years now. i currently have a 36month contract which up for renewal in october 2024. i've just cracked my screen and need a new phone. the predicament i'm in, is i dont get any phone signal at work but EE customers do so i'm tempted to switch. Is there anyway o2 could pay off my old contract and allow me to upgrade with yourselves early? 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35965 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

See here for advice, note payoff of outstanding device plan cost needs to be considered: Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

You should be able to port the number to any other network once all is settled on O2's side. Your MyO2, use the Upgrade button, to see what you owe O2 to end today, then cancel. Or text INFO to 85075 to find a broadly similar cost to leave.

Good luck, @gemma1986 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35965 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1593 Solutions

See here for advice, note payoff of outstanding device plan cost needs to be considered: Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

You should be able to port the number to any other network once all is settled on O2's side. Your MyO2, use the Upgrade button, to see what you owe O2 to end today, then cancel. Or text INFO to 85075 to find a broadly similar cost to leave.

Good luck, @gemma1986 

Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5697 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@gemma1986 

Depending on the age and condition of your 'phone, you might want to consider selling it in its damaged condition. If so, it is worth considering ebay, as you can sell items as "for spares or not working" and maybe get a few quid for it. 

If you do sell it or trade it in, please remember to delete all of your personal data therefrom.  

Message 3 of 3