cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eaving o2w

Anonymous
Not applicable

when  my contract ends in august can i just cancel my direct debit when we change

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No, you need to give 30 days notice (30 days before your contract end date) and leave your DD running for at least a month after until you pay your final bill and receive a Zero rated invoice. This will avoid any account shortfalls which will lead to credit rating issues. If you take your number with you, using the number with a new provider will immediately cancel your O2 account so in this instance just use your PAC and there is no need to give notice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

No you need to give 30 days notice otherwise your contract goes onto a 30 day rolling contract. Ask for your PAC if you want to keep your number and give it to your new network. Using the PAC will effectively end your contract and O2 will send you a final bill.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
No, you need to give 30 days notice (30 days before your contract end date) and leave your DD running for at least a month after until you pay your final bill and receive a Zero rated invoice. This will avoid any account shortfalls which will lead to credit rating issues. If you take your number with you, using the number with a new provider will immediately cancel your O2 account so in this instance just use your PAC and there is no need to give notice.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3