cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

early upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

hello! my contract ends in 8 months but i decided to upgrade it earlier, I paid what is left till the end of my old contract + upfront coast and got my new phone. But I didn't like it so after 3-4 days I returned it and came back on my old plan and contract. Any chance to get money back wich I already paid for old contract end or not to pay monthly bills now? Cause now I'm paying what's already paid. Don't really want to pay twice for the same monthly bills... Maybe someone have any idea?

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, you can't. The T&C's clearly state that any speed to refresh upfront fees cannot be refunded.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Best to call O2 on 202 so they can sort this out for you.

It sounds as if the system hasn't caught up yet.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No, you can't. The T&C's clearly state that any speed to refresh upfront fees cannot be refunded.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
If they do refund you it will be 14 days before the money is back in your account but as you already paid up the original contract, I'm not quite sure what the answer would be
Message 4 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

I'm not too sure, the contract has already been paid for so they would be paying again.

I'm also surprised they were returned to their old contract which should have been deleted. 

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly my point entirely @perksie they've paid up the contract so really should just be a case of returning the phone for a new device or as they are still in the cooling off period they could cancel start fresh or move to another provider
Message 6 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

I don't make the rules......
http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/speed-to-refresh
"Before you can end your existing contract under this Offer you must:
Have paid a one-off, non-refundable charge. The charge is your normal monthly subscription charge multiplied by each complete month remaining of your minimum term (as calculated by O2) less 25% (the "Speed to Refresh Fee");"

Currently using:
Message 7 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
All we can do is see if the op comes back with an update
Message 8 of 19

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

It's in black and white, no argument. No refund whatever our feelings on the matter.

Message 9 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

"

1. If you decide to cancel, we won't be able to refund your Speed to Refresh Fee and/or put you back on your old tariff or move to a sim only tariff."

Currently using:
Message 10 of 19