cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

early upgrade :(

Anonymous
Not applicable

my o2 app said i could get an early upgrade if i paid a fee £28, thought id check out an s4 as i loved my s3..s5`s too big, checked it out in store and was happy to go for it, ordered online to be told it was to be dispached for a next day delivery (25 june).. recived a text saying it was being processed and would be delivered.. happy me, about half an hour later got a second or third text (cant remember how many i recived) telling me the phone was out of stock and i would be informed when it would be available (heart sank), friday arrived (27th) still no phone or word of when it would be in stock, even asked a guru, thought to myself ill phone my local o2 shop to see if they have any in stock (6) right ill cancel my online order that is still being processed and grab a shop one.. easy (i thought) cancelled via guru, a refund will be credited to my acount as the dont put the money back on the card and the order will be cancelled  and able to reorder within 30 mins.. to this day (3rd July) my original online order is still being processed, my local o2 shop still has s4`s in stock and o2 still have my £28 + £9.99 (to pay now fee) they win ... I`m keeping my s3 gonna swap my sim to a tesco one for £12.50 and save myself any more hastle and about £20 a month for the next 2 years

Next day my a**e

thankyou for listening to my wee rant slight_smile

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum.

Its unfortunate that we do hear of online orders being processed fine only to be followed by email then saying its out of stock.

The cancellation of the online order and return of monies being drawn out.

I would suggest contacting Cs on 202 to push for your money back to your card as your entitled to and not your o2 account.   

As Tesco runs off the o2 Network you should be fine with signal etc.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Similar story here

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Order-is-out-of-stock-after-being-told-it-was-in-s...

Always best to go into one of the stores for an upgrade if you can.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Community Forum.

Its unfortunate that we do hear of online orders being processed fine only to be followed by email then saying its out of stock.

The cancellation of the online order and return of monies being drawn out.

I would suggest contacting Cs on 202 to push for your money back to your card as your entitled to and not your o2 account.   

As Tesco runs off the o2 Network you should be fine with signal etc.  

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144073 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Forget on line Guru's (yeah right!!) and call CS on 202 wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replys guys.. my original plan was to goto to tesco .. but the good lady wife ordered an s4mini online with no issues.. so i thought it`d be easy.. silly me, its nice to know i`m not alone and i will contact CS agai to push for a refund , i did contact them a couple days ago and was told 24hrs to clear the order .. that didnt work either, so in total 3 gurus and a cs adviser cant sort my small problem.. i`ve had 1 month shy of a 2 year contract with great service and a great phone .. this wasnt expected.

I`ve only 14 days till i can cancel or free upgrade.. I`m as well waiting now (<that`d be the grown up thing to do eh?) still fancy the s4 though.. cheers again for the replys.. didnt even know this forum was here till a few days ago .. Laters peeps slight_smile

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144073 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Good luck and let us know how you get on in the end please slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

up to now.. i was in 2 minds, either to wait and get my phone when the account resets or put all thoughts of staying with o2 out my thoughts and defect to tesco on the 16th july.. today after contacting o2 on 202 and being passed to another adviser who had to phone another department who in turn passed the lovely lady back to her manager, was told indeed my account was frozen and she would have to submit forms to enable the relevent department to unfreeze my account.. mind made up for me, i will get the same phone with the same terms and an extra gb of data for £1 less.. i did give o2 a sporting chance but it seems they fell at the last hurdle, shame, i had enjoyed o2 for 2 years with no real issues i`d have thought in todays world of tech this would have be an easy fix Don't know slight_smile

Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144073 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Incredible !
They don't help themselves sometimes 😞

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93155 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I'm sure I would have done the same thing. Disappointing to be honest that they couldn't sort this for you.

Message 9 of 9