Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim Stock

madadamuk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there some issue with stock on esims or such? Or are the staff just clueless about them? Or is there something really difficult about printing the cards...

I have now tried to order an esim four times since launch last month. Once I was told they didn't exist. Second I was told I would be ordered one (they never did). Then I called again and got one ordered and got a text advising me of such this time. However, after 10 days I called back up and was told the order showed as completed but that one was never actually sent out and another would be ordered for me. This still hasn't arrived and so I call up again. I get through to one person who says it's not been delivered and can she put me on hold, the on-hold expires and some guy in sales picks up the call, realises within 10 seconds he's not getting a sale and rudely says he's not bothered and puts me through to someone else. I then repeatedly explain to this guy that just because multiple orders show as 'complete' they're not actually complete - which after 5 minutes he clocks what I'm saying and confirms the same again. So he says he'll put me on hold and check why they're not getting sent. Then the call hangs up on me again.

Trying the same on livechat now - livechat suggest trying a store as they can't see what is going wrong. If I go out of my way to go into a store and they don't have them or are clueless I will be leaving 02 for sure.

I am literally trying to order a product from you and this is REALLY shocking service.

So whats going on here?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@madadamuk 

We understand O2 shops have the eSim packs so you're probably best going into your local store.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @madadamuk, and sorry to hear you've had such a hard time getting an eSIM! Do you have an O2 store near you you were going to pop in soon? I'd happily get one of our gurus to look into what's happened and help you further if you'd like slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 for the advice as well!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 9

madadamuk
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think it's more about it being an annoyance to make time to go to one of the stores when they're open than anything else - just didn't expect it to be so difficult to get something posted - all the 02 marketing materials get through just fine along with everything else wink

I suppose if it can't be done then I'll have to accept that if I want to stay with 02 I'll have to take a couple of hours to go visit a store. You should look into offering them via email as I've heard EE do now though - after all, the whole point is that nothing physical is needed as it's already embedded into your phone!

Message 4 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

lets back track, eSims arent Physical they are built into the device, and im not surprised CS and the store know nothing about eSims they are new technology and a niche product.

On the device you should have an option to use the eSim this video is a good guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNWrY7YjOp0

Nothing needs posting, its all done on the handset and uses a qr code.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@madasaf1sh Just to clarify, in order to follow the process you described, customers need to get an eSIM pack on O2, which cna be done via CS or in store slight_smile

@madadamuk You shouldn't have to go in store to get an eSIM pack as it can be done via Customer Service - however it sounds like something went wrong in your case and I really want to make sure we look into what that was. I'll send you a Private Message now to get a few more details, and get someone afterwards to look into what happened and sort an eSIM pack out for you!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!

signature

Message 6 of 9

madadamuk
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So to feedback - after posting this yesterday, I oddly receive two different orders today in the post(both on next day delivery according to Royal Mail stamp)! I was also reached out to and messaged a couple of times by EmilieT above via PM. I’ve passed on the details to EmilieT and will speak to whoever may call me from 02 later and hopefully someone else won’t have as painful a trip with it as me and they can see where it went wrong in their system.

Fingers crossed the rest will go smoothly now!
Message 7 of 9

madadamuk
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And for the clarification - yes, the esim is purely a QR code that translates into a much longer code - it would be good if 02 can offer this via email in future as other providers are able to. Whilst it is the case the physical card is needed at the moment it is only because of the way 02 have chosen to do it - there’s nothing to stop it being an emailed code. I can only presume it’s either down to ease in their systems at present or some sort of idea about securing/authenticating a number (but there other ways to do this).
Message 8 of 9

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@madadamuk More feedback I'll make sure we pass on to the relevant teams, thanks a lot for taking the time to share it here! slight_smile

signature

Message 9 of 9