Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSIM on iPhone XS with second number

philstubbington
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was told by o2 that I could have a second number with an eSIM, and have now received an eSIM.

However, all I have now is my original number as the secondary and nothing on the primary.

All that support seem to suggest is that I visit a store.

I've reset, rebooted, taken the physical SIM out, put it back in, removed the data plan, added it back in and nothing is any better.

Help, please!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@philstubbington 

To have a second number you'll need another contract.

Your eSim just replaces the physical sim so you can insert any sim card in the sim slot from any network to have 2 numbers on your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions

@philstubbington 

To have a second number you'll need another contract.

Your eSim just replaces the physical sim so you can insert any sim card in the sim slot from any network to have 2 numbers on your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

philstubbington
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.  That's not the impression I was given by O2, but I guess you're right....

The wording at https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/esim could really do with some extra clarity.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4