Did you mean: 

eSIM issue

Andy-264
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I'm hoping somebody can help me with a problem as I have contacted 02 on a number of occasions. While it is fair to say they have done their best to assist, I keep ending up back at Square 1.

Briefly, I have a UK mobile, which I use in France where I live. Until a couple of months ago, I was able to access French networks and us data roaming. On a trip to the UK, a couple of months ago, I could not get any network coverage so went to the O2 store in London N1, where they noticed I did not have a SIM fitted. They did this and I was able to access the O2 network.

On my return to France, I noticed that I no longer had access to French network services so, after a couple of conversations with O2, they sent out an eSIM to my daughters' address in London. Try as I might, I just have not been able to load this on my device, or manually, the main problem being that I can't swap from one SIM to the other because I am unable to receive a code on my phone to do so. I am concerned that I am no longer receiving texts from the UK and, since I am unable to receive codes, am struggling with online banking.

The phone was locked earlier in the week but, while I can still make and receive calls to the UK, data roaming in France is still not possible.

All advice gratefully received.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6646 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Text issue or not it is very unlikely that the SIM Swap will work as both SIMs will need to be connected to a UK network.

You don't say why the phone was locked, so maybe an issue there with the unlock.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2